Mr. Anonymous Game #63 @ 29/04/2019

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi folks,

Last week I was looking around some of my older logs and try to catch up on getting a few more pen blanks done to top up some of the ones that are getting pretty low on the shelf and in the process I picked up a log that I could identify even if the number wasn't written at one end, I didn't really see anything "unusual" so I put the log in the wheelbarrow and took it to the workshop bandsaw area.

It wasn't the first log I processed but when got its turn I got it on the bandsaw table with ease as this wood is lightweight, started ripping it away and all of a certain I got a surprise, the logs/wood species it belongs to has some yellow but this was the first time that a log had 99% of its wood surface in a darkish type yellow.

After I had all the boards ripped at 23mm (before sanding size) I wondered what I would list them and after a little thinking I decided that the only reasonable thing to do was to sell it/them with the number of its original wood species but make it a variant and call it #? "special", this species has had variants such as diagonal, cross cut, root burl and possibly others that I can not recall at this moment.

I managed 15 packs of 4 blanks each, they are not yet listed and it will not be until this game is over, for obvious reasons...!:wink:

So, my question is simple,

What tree/wood species these blanks belong to...?

082.-2jpg.jpg

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Australian #51X Silky-Oak

If so, there are my 3. Did your new family member help you out?

Hi Ed,

Yes, everybody has 3 guesses...!

Hahaha, my new family member likes to jump up to the computer table and the shelve above it, she "delicately" paws all the small stuff on that shelve down to the computer table, she then jumps down grabs the stuff in her mouth and runs with it, there are a couple the things that I haven't yet manage to find.

She also likes to type, there is when I'm typing she comes over and starts putting her paw on the keys on the right side of the keyboard and of-course messes out what I'm trying to do and when I tell her NO, stop it, she lays down in between the keyboard and the monitor and start rolling around, rearranging everything I've got in there, I know she is playing and I get a few good belly rubs in between her playing, my hands show well I much interaction I have with her and Merissa is no better...!:biggrin:

Thanks for playing but your guesses are incorrect, sorry.

Cheers
George

edicehouse

Australian #51X Silky-Oak

If so, there are my 3. Did your new family member help you out?

Hi Ed,

Yes, everybody has 3 guesses...!

Hahaha, my new family member likes to jump up to the computer table and the shelve above it, she "delicately" paws all the small stuff on that shelve down to the computer table, she then jumps down grabs the stuff in her mouth and runs with it, there are a couple the things that I haven't yet manage to find.

She also likes to type, there is when I'm typing she comes over and starts putting her paw on the keys on the right side of the keyboard and of-course messes out what I'm trying to do and when I tell her NO, stop it, she lays down in between the keyboard and the monitor and start rolling around, rearranging everything I've got in there, I know she is playing and I get a few good belly rubs in between her playing, my hands show well I much interaction I have with her and Merissa is no better...!:biggrin:

Thanks for playing but your guesses are incorrect, sorry.

Cheers
George

The big guy we got was real bad about going after our toes. So every night we make sure to use a laser pointer and let him play with that, about 15 minutes and he is good. I also have jerked a couple times and accidently kicked him, when he bit my toes, and has not bit mine in months.

robutacion

No correct answer so far but I bring your attention to a few "hints/clues" I gave on my opening post, I have just highlighted the areas on interest for you to read and think...!:biggrin::wink:

I would like also to let you guys know that the Golden Wattle that Ed had mentioned or was referring to were some packs that I sold as #18 Golden Wattle "special" some time ago, I totally forgot about them and how sort of identical they are from the ones on this game.

PS: Look at the highlighted parts of the text on the OP.:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Lucerne or Cork Tree.

But I don't want to win a prize, I just want to guess the right answer! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Your guesses are incorrect and I would appreciate 1 guess per post, thanks.!:)

Well, wanting or not the price is not the issue, if you answer correctly and you are the first one doing it, the prize will have your name on it at least, or until you decided to give it to someone else, I will then transfer the voucher.

Winning is also fun...!:)

Cheers
George

robutacion

Looking into all the species I have, the one that that one would think as the right tree species would be the #5 Yellow Gum but that is not the case.

The wood in question is a "Gum", Eucalyptus so, there it goes another clue...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winners is...?

Well, I have to say that I was not expecting to have the correct answer given to me as a "riddle" :eek: but I take it, no problem so, the winner of this game is 1080Wayne, congrats mate, I'm glad you did not trip when you stepped on...!:wink:

I had the feeling that you guys would have a lot more trouble in identifying the correct wood species and many of the guesses were quite close but was the rarity of seeing this wood provided a whole log of full yellow wood that made me consider using it on the game.

In general, the #7 Spotted gum has some dark "veins" like the Tasmania Oak Burl and the scribbly Gum a few blanks are found with yellow only but never many so, I'm going to list them as #7 Spotted Gum "special" and anyone that is looking for really yellow wood, these will be suitable.

Thank you to all that participated, and as for the winner, a PM will follow shortly with the voucher code.

Thank you all...!

PS: I was going to put a link here to the #7 Spotted Gum blanks but, I can't find it, where in the hell did it go...?:eek::confused: anyone seen it...?

Cheers
George

Attachments

• PIC07984.jpg
    PIC07984.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:

1080Wayne

Thank you George . Coudn`t resist giving you the answer in that form . Probably all of us have spotted gum in that manner . Better than sitting on it though .

Question . You said in the opening post that you knew what the log was without seeing the identifying number on the end . What distinguishes spotted gum logs from other gums ? Spots on the bark ?
Again , my thanks to you and Mr Anonymous for these puzzles . I look forward to learning from them every month .

Top Bottom