Mr. Anonymous Game #62 @ 27/03/2019

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

That time of the month again and this time I apologise to all of you for not making this game much of a learning experience or an excitable issue, my thoughts have been everywhere with the loss of my 2 beloved pets of 12 years so, I just can't think of anything interesting as the subject for this game, so and instead, I'm going to offer/award the AU$100.00 voucher to one of the participants that put their name down.

Each member can post 3 times make sure you don't post all 3 times in sequence if possible the winner will be selected randomly from a number by a computer number generator so spreading those numbers/posts may (or may not) give you a better chance to win.

I will run this game for 48 hours, so all posts have to be done within that time, as soon as I close the game and find out what is the number of the last post, I can add the first and last number into the number generator and get a result, the winner will be announced after that.

The only thing you need to say in the posts is, "I'm in...!" or something of that nature, you can improvise if you so wish.

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

edicehouse

I'm in, however for a bonus treat to you... I will put a pet story up. As many have seen I have a pet bird, that has quiet a personality.

Last night I had Letty in the living room with me and she was calling "momma", so I brought her into the bedroom to be with momma. A couple minutes later she is calling "Ed", so I go get her, and it is back on to "Momma."

So then I bring her back into the bedroom and lay down on the bed, she proceeded to have a rousing game of Peek-a-boo with me. However it had to be me that said "Where's Letty." And it had to be Kelly's hand she hid in. If we tried changing it up she either faced the other way, or would not come out of hiding.

robutacion

Thanks Ed,

I only recently found out you have a pet bird, I never had a pet bird but I have seen many YouTube videos of people that have these talking birds and while it can be embarrassing for the owners, I always have a good laugh at those birds that sware a lot and tell you where to go, some can maintain an argument going for ages until they calm down, they can be so funny...!

Cheers
George

JessePens

I'm in.

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your pets.
It's always so difficult to lose those that have been with us for so long. We recently had to put down our elderly dog, Sunny. She was a stray we adopted at about 7 years old, and was such a loyal companion.
She was diagnosed with severe Cushing's disease, and the vet gave her maybe 6 months to live. She ended up living for 3 years, she was a fighter.

edicehouse

I'm in for the second time.

So since I told you about our bird, I figure I will tell you about our cat.

So we had put Jamie down, there was no hope for her. So we had decided no more cats because we have the birds. We got rid of the litter box, cat bowls, etc. We gave the cat food treats, toys etc away. So I have a friend that volunteers at a rescue shelter, and she showed a picture, and the cat she showed looked just like the one we had. Now this was about 2 months later. The cat she showed even had the bobbed tail like ours did. So I decided lets go see her. Well when we got there she was adopted.

I see this big boy, he was about 4 or 5. I talk to the people and they said he had been there 5 or so months. Now the cat is a big boy, not fat just a big cat. His body comes up to my knee. They were taking him to the vet to get a cyst removed from him.

So of course I had to take him out of the cage. I picked him up and carried him on his back like a baby. So did my wife. He was shy, but not aggressive. So my wife looks at me, and I said, "NOPE, I said no more cats." She literally laughed at me and said you know you are going to end up getting him.

So for the next week we went to see him every day after work. My concern was him going after the birds, however that has not been the case. He did have a bad habit of going after my toes, and his teeth are sharp. Well about 3 times of me being surprised with razor sharp teeth going after my toes, and me jerking from surprise, he has stopped going after mine.

Oh I just remembered one thing that happened last week with him. His name is Hagred.

He has a blanket on the floor folded by my chair. Well I had picked it up off the floor and put it in my chair. I didn't think about it, and sat there. Well my wife comes home and I am laying on the couch and she sits in the chair and puts her feet up. The whole time Hagred never paid any mind to his blanket. Well once my wife is sitting on it, he gets up in the chair, and starts biting "his" blanket and trying to pull it out from under her. I am laughing, now he is not biting Kelly between her legs, but actually going to try to get his blanket. Kelly then gets up and puts the blanket back where it normally is, he lays down on it staring at her.

greenacres2

I'm in. And i'm looking at a Jr Retro, made of Tortuosa, stabilized with a blue dye...sitting on my desk. A few years ago, that would have been a plastic click pen with our company's logo, and i'd have never known any of you. My life is blessed.
earl

greenacres2

I'm in twice now--this time with one hand on a piece of 6,500 year old bog oak. Not many places in this world that people can touch anything that old. (not counting basic dirt i guess!!)
earl

Wagner11

I'm in a second time.

And as tribute to the joy our pets have given us I present Mango
9f5845adf184125a2b8215591cb6d82e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

robutacion

Hi friends,

Thank you Ed for sharing your story about the new pussy, animal people like us can't help ourselves from getting attached to animals, we never had a cat nor we ever thought of ourselves as cat people, however, we have recently thought about it and still considering, we don't have a clue how to look after cats but that would be overcome if we ever endup getting one, we would prefer a small dog as we are getting older and when things go wrong we struggle to handle/lift/move bigger dogs, Zac was almost 40kg and while we always liked big dogs, its time to look into the small little guys like Teddy was.

We actually got the ashes of both dogs, today...!

I know that pets are an important part of many people's life's, I also know that many of you have lost most loved pets, some people decide never to get a pet again but we find ourselves feeling something missing, and we would prefer a life with pets even though financially we have been severely hit with many huge Vet bills over the years and put ourselves in financial difficulties numerous times, unfortunately Vet bills are scaring us more than anything else at the moment and for a good reason.

You are most welcome to share your pet stories here, in a way, I'm dedicating this game in memory of Teddy and Zac.

Now, for those that don't have pets or like pets, I know of many people that would fit into that category and I respect their decision, after all, we are all different and some people prefer life without pets/animals, I know that those people may think we pet lovers are too weak and emotional and certainly not able to understand what we feel when we lose them, as I said, people have the right to make their decisions and live life as they so wish and I'm OK with that, animals are not for everybody and if someone decided to get a pet but have no heart to deal with pets, is a lot better they don't get any.

Now, I see that some of you have already posted 3 times and that is fine but I hope we get all those new members also participating, after all, there are no questions to answer, you only need to put your name down so common guys/gals lets get the post count a little/lot higher, please.

As an extra incentive, a second prize/number will be drawn this time I will offer 4 expensive and rare blanks from my private collection, one of each type, you only need to pay shipping of AU$12.00

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Solace

I'm in once more.

Also I am sorry for your loss. I am also a dog person, the wife and I have a cavalier king charles spaniel, sweetest dog I have ever had.

I'm in George. I'd love to share a small anecdote about our pugs. We help out a group here in Oklahoma and across the US by adopting pugs that either have been abused, given up or have been unable to be taken care of. We usually have at least 4 running our lives for us at all times. We've been doing this for the last 12 years and we've had to put down 3 so far. One due to soft tissue cancer of the mouth, one due to severe pancreatitis and one due to spinal injury that occurred before we received her. During this time we've also lost 3 due to old age. It never gets easier losing one, it hurts every single time we lose one. They all have their own personalities and each one seems to find that one particular spot in your heart that they deserve to be in. I feel a heartfelt sorrow for your and Merissa's loss. It's a little after 5 am here. I actually started writing this about an hour a half ago after one of the little turds seemed to think they needed attention and decided to wake us up, which of course woke the other little turds up. As you can see an hour and a half later, they're all asleep on the couch with me and they have allowed me to finish typing this. I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world.:rolleyes::)

robutacion

I'm in. This was Max the morning I had to put him down. Did I mention I hate cancer.View attachment 186584

I'm so sorry for your loss, how old was he...? he looks in pretty good nick on that pic, what happened that made you take that decision...? I understand he had cancer but animals can live with cancer for a long time unless he was suffering, was he..?

Cheers
George

robutacion

I'm in George. I'd love to share a small anecdote about our pugs. We help out a group here in Oklahoma and across the US by adopting pugs that either have been abused, given up or have been unable to be taken care of. We usually have at least 4 running our lives for us at all times. We've been doing this for the last 12 years and we've had to put down 3 so far. One due to soft tissue cancer of the mouth, one due to severe pancreatitis and one due to spinal injury that occurred before we received her. During this time we've also lost 3 due to old age. It never gets easier losing one, it hurts every single time we lose one. They all have their own personalities and each one seems to find that one particular spot in your heart that they deserve to be in. I feel a heartfelt sorrow for your and Merissa's loss. It's a little after 5 am here. I actually started writing this about an hour a half ago after one of the little turds seemed to think they needed attention and decided to wake us up, which of course woke the other little turds up. As you can see an hour and a half later, they're all asleep on the couch with me and they have allowed me to finish typing this. I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world.:rolleyes::)

Thanks for sharing.

Do you foster those animals or you actually have ownership of them..>?

PS: the first 24 hours of this game are over so, we have another 24 hours to go, can e reach 100 posts...?

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing.

Do you foster those animals or you actually have ownership of them..>?

PS: the first 24 hours of this game are over so, we have another 24 hours to go, can e reach 100 posts...?

Cheers
George

We never own them, the way we look at it, is that they allow us to enjoy their antics. All kidding aside, no, we've only actually owned two of them(two of those that we had to put down), we get to basically foster them until a good home is found for them. So, we've got to have a lot of fun with many different personalities. As far as your post is concerned, if someone wants to view us as "weak or emotional", I'm ok with that. I say, it's them that are too weak or emotional to deal with it. You have to have heart to deal with dogs, they're all like a two year old child that never grows up. These pups give you unconditional love, I'm more than happy to give that back. If that makes me "weak or emotional", then so be it. Once the sun comes up here, I'll try to take a picture of a Grumble. If you've ever had pugs, you'll know why a bunch of them are called a "grumble". They're moody...lol

Top Bottom