Mr. Anonymous Game #62 @ 27/03/2019

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

We never own them, the way we look at it, is that they allow us to enjoy their antics. All kidding aside, no, we've only actually owned two of them(two of those that we had to put down), we get to basically foster them until a good home is found for them. So, we've got to have a lot of fun with many different personalities. As far as your post is concerned, if someone wants to view us as "weak or emotional", I'm ok with that. I say, it's them that are too weak or emotional to deal with it. You have to have heart to deal with dogs, they're all like a two year old child that never grows up. These pups give you unconditional love, I'm more than happy to give that back. If that makes me "weak or emotional", then so be it. Once the sun comes up here, I'll try to take a picture of a Grumble. If you've ever had pugs, you'll know why a bunch of them are called a "grumble". They're moody...lol

I look forward to the pic...!

I have been wondering if fostering dogs lets say 2 or 3 would be a good option for us, I need to find out what the requirements are, I need to know if when they need to go to a vet, who pays the bill...?

I find difficult to understand that shelters all around the State never stop to ask for people to get one of their rescued animals but, they charge a lot of money to let them go, OK so they are vaccinated, microchipped and desexed but asking about $500 to $600 for a dog that is still young(ish) is just too much, in my view, at those prices they offer no incentive, for the contrary, don't you think...?:mad:

Cheers
George

Solace

I'm in for the third time.

Here is a pic of Bailey when she was a pup. She turned 1 this month. Thanks again for the contest. I have been reading back through the previous ones and their is a ton of great information there.

Attachments

• 605FAA05-7260-4938-96BD-35D868CEFDEC.jpeg
    605FAA05-7260-4938-96BD-35D868CEFDEC.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 381
o.jpg

Chinzy, Diamond, Carly and Jack....

Sorry for the bad photo, I've been up since 3am with these little turds...:)

With fostering, You pay all the bills with them. Sandy and I added it up this morning and it was a little over $2700.00 last year. We've had 9 foster pups over the last year and hated to give any of them up. But, you have to also understand, that some of these pups have been abused. They've been used as puppy mill mothers, kicked around and just plain abused by people that didn't have the resources to care for them. Pugs, are not a dog for people with limited resources. The reason that they ask you to pay for either fostering or adopting is, so that they're sure that you can pay to take care of them. I know it seems a little bassackward but if you think about it, it makes sense. If you can't afford to adopt one, then you may not be able to afford to take to care of one.

Last edited:

drise

I'm in.

Sorry for your loss. I remember when I had to put my 19 yr old cat down. Very bad day. Then I went to the shelter and got another cat and things started looking up.

edicehouse

When we had to put our cat Jamie down, Kelly called me and was taking her to the vet. She was a mess, the girls were upset of course. So Kelly asks me if I wanted them to wait until I got there, I told her no that is okay, because I knew what the next couple days were going to be. So when I got there she said she waited for me to get there. She said someone needs to be with her when she goes, and you know who the one that was told had to be was. Yeah that sucked on so many levels.

When we had to put our cat Jamie down, Kelly called me and was taking her to the vet. She was a mess, the girls were upset of course. So Kelly asks me if I wanted them to wait until I got there, I told her no that is okay, because I knew what the next couple days were going to be. So when I got there she said she waited for me to get there. She said someone needs to be with her when she goes, and you know who the one that was told had to be was. Yeah that sucked on so many levels.

I know that feeling Ed. It's a feeling that I wished I would never have had, and would never wish on anyone. I've seen it on more occasions than I would ever like to have known about.

1080Wayne

In a 2nd time .

If you are thinking of a cat or two George , there are a few things you should know .

Sawdust that hasn`t been swept up is soon converted to cat litter . Doesn`t always have to be converted into sawdust - sometimes wood just smells like that is what should be done to it .

A cat hair will be underneath the first layer of finish , not the last .

Some cats are overly friendly . As soon as I turn on the face plate grinder to take corners off a blank , I have one that wants to rub noses with me while standing with his backside to the grinding wheel . He is still intact . He likes to straddle my scale while I am weighing Alumilite , which gets him banished to the bathroom .

Standing on the drill press while I am drilling or next to me on the lathe bed while turning are equally attractive to him . Doesn`t mind if I use his tail to polish something .

The only thing he doesn`t like is the dust collector - a nice quiet one , 65 db . One of his harem mates though decided that the nice soft collapsed dust bag was an ideal place to deliver a litter of 6 , so I didn`t have a dust collector for a few weeks . Probably didn`t improve the 1 micron filtering capability . And the plastic collection bag underneath is a patchwork quilt with duct tape covering the holes made by clawing . A nice soft spalted log for which I had other things in mind is an acceptable substitute .

Then there is the table saw and the band saw !!

Lastly , kittens . Very entertaining to watch , but with the bad habit of growing up to become teenagers . Extreme bouts of hyper activity in all three dimensions . If you have something that would not be safe around a human two year old , it won`t be safe around cats . A staging point for the next 3-4 foot jump up may not be any larger than the back of a chair . If inquisitiveness is a mark of intelligence , I would rate them higher than dogs .

Hope I haven`t talked you into a boa constrictor . They occasionally go missing for a week or two . Cats only sleep about 20 hours a day .

Don Rabchenuk

I'm in. This was Max the morning I had to put him down. Did I mention I hate cancer.View attachment 186584

I'm so sorry for your loss, how old was he...? he looks in pretty good nick on that pic, what happened that made you take that decision...? I understand he had cancer but animals can live with cancer for a long time unless he was suffering, was he..?

Cheers
George

Max was only 8. When we put him down he could not walk. There was a lot of pain so we did what the vet recommended.

Dehn0045

I'm in, but since I won the last game I can't win -- a good problem to have. I can, however, share a story about my pups. Our first dog we got from a breeder. In hindsight it wasn't the best choice we could have made but we didn't know better. It didn't take long for my wife to learn about rescues and then we were helping out wherever we could. My wife helped with reviewing applications and placing dogs and we often had fosters. It wasn't long and we had a houseful. In the photo are our four, (from left) Lily, Rocky, Max, and Teeny. Rocky is no longer with us. He was in rough shape when I found him roaming our neighborhood, heart worms, intestinal worms, and underweight by about 2.5 lbs (he only got up to 6 lbs at his ideal). We nursed him back to health and then were going to adopt him out through the rescue, but I couldn't let him go, so he became our fourth. He made it with us for about 6 years, but then got heart failure and diabetes and other complications and we eventually had to let him go. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do, I really loved that little guy and I miss him every day. I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your pups.

Attachments

• PSX_20190329_075758.jpg
    PSX_20190329_075758.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_20120703_210957.jpg
    IMG_20120703_210957.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 366

robutacion

And the winners are...?

OK peoples, the results are in from a number generator I selected online, I have no idea as I write this post who the winners are and I haven't look at the posts numbers yet so, the only thing I can tell you is that the numbers drawn are 21 first and 48 second.:)

The lucky winners are;

1- Voucher value of AU$100.00 is Hutch9022

2- 4 blanks from my own collection is drise

Congratulations to both winners.

I would like also to show my appreciation not only to all participants but to those that shared their own pet stories and no, I'm not going to get a snake of any kind as my next pet, guaranteed...!:)

Hutch9022, you will be getting a PM with your voucher code shortly and drise, you need to Paypal me AU$12.00 for shipping to nyodine@yahoo.com.au

Until one next time, thank you.

Cheers
George

Last edited:

1080Wayne

Congratulations to Hutch9022 and drise . You will get some very nice blanks from George . Be sure to enter more of his contests , but be prepared to do a lot of digging to find the answers .

Sorry to hear you won`t go for a nice snake George . I was all set to pass on some tips from a member of my family who had one .

robutacion

Congratulations to Hutch9022 and drise . You will get some very nice blanks from George . Be sure to enter more of his contests , but be prepared to do a lot of digging to find the answers .

Sorry to hear you won`t go for a nice snake George . I was all set to pass on some tips from a member of my family who had one .

Ain't think so Wayne, thank you but no thank you, I had enough "dealings" with venomous and non-venomous snakes and spiders here in Australia particularly when I was working in the bush to last me 3 lifetimes, I hate the damn things and I've got a great "tool" to deal with them, believe me.

I don't think that I would mind having some cats to love me the way they love you, the way they behave can only mean one thing and as far as I'm concerned, one can never have too much attention from their pets, the same thing as having too much wood, there isn't such a thing, in my view...!:)

As for games of mine and having to dig deep to find the answers, well, sometimes not so much, every so often I make it easy so that everybody feels comfortable in playing.:wink:

PS: Have you noticed that I was hoping for 100 posts but we endup with a "funny" number of 69..?:eek::)

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

Well , 69 is divisible by 3 , so 23 entered . 100 would mean someone only entered once , or two people twice .

Some of the Bash puzzle entry numbers were very low also . People do like puzzles , but many seem to need the near instantaneous feedback they get from puzzles on their cellphones . Perhaps that will change when their brains reach full maturity at about 55 .

Top Bottom