Mr. Anonymous Game #52 @ 26/05/2018

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day peoples...!

Here it comes game #52 your way, let's see who get it right.:biggrin:

A few years back I created a pair of knife handle scales that I haven't seen for a long time but recently I come across the picture and I've thought it would be a great subject for this game.

The question is;

What is the wood name or number (if you think is one of mine) have I used to create these knife scales...?

Untitled.jpg

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

So far, no one got even close...!

The material/wood itself is very lightweight when dry and I use various parts of it, from limbs, trunk and roots, they are all nice...!:wink::)

Cheers
George

robutacion

I think it looks like palm tree bark but I can't guess having already won this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

G'day mate,

Let me correct your statement, there are only 3 reasons as to why you can't play the game (guess) 1 is if you have already used the 3 guesses per game, 2 if you have won the last game, you can not win 2 consecutive games even though nothing stops you from giving your guesses and 3 if you simply don't want to participate., capish...?:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

I know that I should have asked this in the beginning so that the answer would be more complete but I forgot so, could you please tell me apart from the tree species, what part of the tree (limbs, trunk or root) the knife scales were made from...?

I hope that those that have already given some guesses that are able to complete the question, that would certainly make a lot more sense in the identification of the material used.

Thank you,

Cheers
George

robutacion

Paulownia

Interesting how you come up with that tree species, a plantation tree brought into Australia from some Asia countries, its characteristics are similar to the Rubberwood tree planted in Indonesia and if you would like to know;
"was named in honour of Anna Paulowna, queen consort of The Netherlands (1795–1865), daughter of Tsar Paul I of Russia. It is also called "princess tree" for the same reason.[1]"

The answer is no, it ain't it, sorry.

Cheers
George

MRDucks2

I think it looks like palm tree bark but I can't guess having already won this year.

G'day mate,

Let me correct your statement, there are only 3 reasons as to why you can't play the game (guess) 1 is if you have already used the 3 guesses per game, 2 if you have won the last game, you can not win 2 consecutive games even though nothing stops you from giving your guesses and 3 if you simply don't want to participate., capish...?:wink::biggrin:

Cheers

George

OK, so I won the last game. Still like guessing and don't mind giving one away if it happens to be right. Still looks like palm tree bark to me. [emoji4]

robutacion

And the winner is/are...!

Congratulations rholiday, you answered correctly my main hame question, therefore, you just got yourself an AU$100.00 from Georges Bits of Timber...!:wink::biggrin:

However, we have a situation here and that is, 1080Wayne that gave also the correct answer on post#11 he would be out it wasn't for the fact that I decided to complement the original question with another question and this time only 1080Wayne answer it correctly so, I feel that he deserves a second place prize just for his efforts, the value of AU$50.00 don't you think, guys and gals..?:biggrin:

Congrats to both of you and thank you very much for all the participants, most appreciated.:)

Gift vouchers to be processed and send by PM very shortly...!

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

Thank you George , and my thanks to Mr Anonymous also . Bob was faster on the search than I was . He posted just after I had begun looking , and I didn`t know it until I had posted , and saw his above mine . Congratulations Bob .

But there is still one missing piece of information George . Is it root , stem or branch ? Or all three ?

robutacion

Thank you George , and my thanks to Mr Anonymous also . Bob was faster on the search than I was . He posted just after I had begun looking , and I didn`t know it until I had posted , and saw his above mine . Congratulations Bob .

But there is still one missing piece of information George . Is it root , stem or branch ? Or all three ?

Yeah, you right, I forgot to confirm what it was huh...? sorry about that.:redface:

The correct and complete answer was the #30-R, Bottle brush root

Here is the first thread I made when I got it, http://www.penturners.org/forum/f167/timber-playing-cameleon-me-51300/

And aff-corse, congrats to both of you...!

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

Got my package today George . First time one of your shipments to me was opened by our Border inspection agency . Delayed things , but they didn`t find anything amiss . Thanks again to you and Mr Anonymous , and thank you for the extras .

robutacion

Got my package today George . First time one of your shipments to me was opened by our Border inspection agency . Delayed things , but they didn`t find anything amiss . Thanks again to you and Mr Anonymous , and thank you for the extras .

G'day Wayne,

I'm not that surprised, I have had a few extra parcels inspected by our Customs Inspectors in recent times and in a way, I'm glad that is the case, the drugs issue is changing this world to something really ugly, they may never be able to stop it once and for all but any step made to reduce the number of available drugs in our streets that, is a good thing so, the tightening of the rope to drug smugglers by the authorities may have caused some inconveniences to some of us, only those that have and are exporting/importing illegal things deliberately/intentionally or those that don't think/too much trouble to follow the legal guidelines when it comes to mainly selling "dubious" stuff and that has been getting away with it for years, they will be caught, there is not a matter of if but when...!

On the other hand, I'm glad the contents of my parcels were all according to export rules, I will be looking forward to seeing some of those blanks finished and shown here...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom