More Pendants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

Once I got started on these, I can't stop until I had one for all the women in the family:)

Here's a few from this weekend:
1_Cross_Wood.jpg
1_Cross_Corian.jpg
1_Amboyna.jpg

The first is Cocobolo, Blankwood, Yellowheart, and Tulipwood. The second is corian, and the third is Amboyna.

Thanks for looking.

-Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Wow Barry, those look great. My daughter seen me looking at the last few you posted and has been pressuring me to make her and her friends some. I like the Amboyna the best, but all are nice.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
The one I made had a flat back where it came off of a piece of double stick tape. Does everyone else do the same? If not do you glue 2 together to make them look nice from either side?

hewunch

Nice work, I like the last one the best. Eric, the backer I use has been turned down to smaller than my finished size so I can round the back on the lathe too. No hard edges.:doctor:

sailing_away

Very nice. I got inspired this weekend and made a few for the wife and friends. I also turned down the backer to a smaller diameter than my finished size. I can round off and sand the edges. Where did you get the leather cord from and what length did you use?

broitblat

Very nice. I got inspired this weekend and made a few for the wife and friends. I also turned down the backer to a smaller diameter than my finished size. I can round off and sand the edges. Where did you get the leather cord from and what length did you use?

I've used both wood and pick guard as backing on the segmented pieces (and have learned that I need backing on some burls, too) and undercut the edges. I finish the back by hand.

The cord came from Michaels (I've also done some with gold chain from Michaels). I haven't measured precisely, but I think I've been running about 18" in length.

Cheers,

-Barry

Top Bottom