moisture tester

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

Ok so this is a question to all of you who actually cuts and dries their own wood blanks. I know most like the moisture level to be a certain % before selling or turning. I am wanting to make some pens for a new fire station with wood from their site. But I dont know where to get a moisture tester from. Do you order it online or does a big box store have it. Thanks for your input.

Chris

Wildman

Bought this one, year or so back when Lowes sold them for $10.00. Still a good meter at current prices.
Shop General Tools & Instruments Moisture Meter-Digital at Lowes.com

Have been harvesting & drying wood for many years without weighing scales or moisture meter. Have both good luck drying and turning wood, failures just extra firewood. My moisture meter, a nice to have item.

Patience, and experience with wood species you turn teaches you when you are within plus or minus 2% EMC whether harvest your own or buy wood to turn. A little luck helps too!

PTsideshow

I have the Harbor freight one, and it does appear to be accurate. It is probably made by the same company that makes and brands all the less expensive versions sold by everybody.
:clown:

Top Bottom