Midwest Penturners Gathering 2020 - January Update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

So we are less than 100 days from the MPG - the largest and longest running pen makers symposium. As you know last year we cleared 300 attendees. This year we are even bigger and looking to grow. More rooms. More demos. More vendors.

MidwestPenTurnersGathering.com

Our demonstrators are national known featuring current and former AAW national symposium demos. And this year we have some demos never seen before at any pen making symposium.

Some highlights (Subject to change):
  • Ken Nelson - Owner Kallenshaan Woods - How inlay blanks are made and tips to assemble
  • Steve Harrington - Inventor of "The Grabber" - Closed end pens
  • Mark Dreyer - AAW Demonstrator - Beginner To Pro in 90 Minutes
  • Curtis O Seebeck - Owner TurnTex - Stabilization
  • John Underhill (JohnU) - AAW Demonstrator -The World Of Casting / Kit Modifications
  • Scott Barrett - Ornamental Turning - Wood And Metal - Must see
  • Ed Brown - Owner ExoticBlanks - Sales and Marketing
  • Steve Margison - Chicago Club - Neje Laser Engraver
  • Dean Charlier - Chicago Club - 3D Printing - Masters Class
  • Lewis Schrader - IAP - Metal Lathe / Kitless
  • Chris Callidendo - Owner Easy Wood Turning Tools - Using Carbide For Turning

And our vendors (Subject to change):
  • PTownSubbie
  • Easy Wood Tools
  • Exotic Blanks
  • Kallenshaan Woods
  • Rich Coers
  • Ankrom Exotics
  • Garage Pen Company
  • The PenSmiths
  • American Association Of Woodturners (AAW)
  • Midwest Woodworking Electronics
  • Ohio PenWorks
  • T. Shadow
  • KD Creative Woodworks

And we have a few more surprises coming ...

Tons of door prizes - Grand Prize - A Lathe. Last year it was a Jet Lathe VS1015. And it pays to sign up before sooner - better odds on winning the big prizes.

Sponsors:
  • GluBoost - The best liquid finish in the industry
  • IAP - PenTurners.org

sp83.jpg

And if this is not enough - Chicago Woodturners Is offering a masters class the following three days. We will be posting information on the MidwestPenTurnersGathering.com next week (Message me if you want in before we go live). The first day is an intro to be turning - turning a wood pen (6 different finishes and free use og GluBoost) and color casting. Days two and three we really get going. Clear casting. Turning Acrylics. Making your Opal pen. Like the one in the picture. And this class is all hands-on. Short demos - then you "go for it". All hands-on. Message me for details or email MPGInfo@yahoo.com.

This is an event you simply don't want to miss. Last year was fun. This year we are working hard to make it even better. Who's coming ....

MPG-Logo-Final.png

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

I'm really going to hate missing. I had registered early, then had a meeting come up that overlaps MPG. Now, granted, the beach-front hotel in the Caribbean will have top-notch food...but really was looking forward to the presenters, especially Ken Nelson and Curtis Seebeck. Gotta step up my retirement clock!!
earl

mg_dreyer

The schedule in terms of time is not up yet - but the demos and some descriptions are. I am working with the demonstrators to work out what times they are planning on coming in. Basically Friday will be 9:30 to early evening. Saturday will be 8:30 to 5. As I get more firm times I will post them.

We are also working on some great Friday night hands on classes.

JohnU

.... and Don't forget about the contests! You still have plenty of time to challenge yourself and impress everyone so let's see that talent shine! Last year we had some beautiful creations displayed in the contests. Now some of them can say they are award winning pen makers. Will this year be you?

Top Bottom