Mickey Mouse Watch Parts Jr Statesman FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from More4dan

More4dan

A Christmas gift for a dear friend commissioned by his wife. The blank was made by Blanks by Sweet Cheeks. She does amazing work!

The pen kit is a Jr Statesman in Rhodium and Blank Titanium.

Cheers,

Danny

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 256
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very nice pen Danny. My daughter is a huge fan of anything Disney. How does one get in touch with Sweetcheeks as I can't find a web address for her, just Facebook and I don't Facebook.

More4dan

Very nice pen Danny. My daughter is a huge fan of anything Disney. How does one get in touch with Sweetcheeks as I can't find a web address for her, just Facebook and I don't Facebook.

She is on this forum, ladycop322. Thanks for the kind comments. My wife is also a huge Disney fan.

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

She is on this forum, ladycop322. Thanks for the kind comments. My wife is also a huge Disney fan.

Danny

Thanks Danny, you probably just my daughters day. I thought she might be Ladycop but I wasn't sure. You still working for you know who? Thanks again- Tom

More4dan

Danny

Thanks Danny, you probably just my daughters day. I thought she might be Ladycop but I wasn't sure. You still working for you know who? Thanks again- Tom

Thankfully still gainfully employed. Working in the GOM again, much better than Angola.

Michelle does great work and was very nice to deal with. Here is the matching blank on a Majestic Squire.

Attachments

• IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 153
Thanks Danny. I did make contact with her last night so I'll be getting a hold of you to find out how you did these. I've never done any turning other than wood so this will be a totally new experience for me. Thanks again for sharing. Angola, I've been to some pretty bad places but never Angola.

More4dan

Thanks Danny. I did make contact with her last night so I'll be getting a hold of you to find out how you did these. I've never done any turning other than wood so this will be a totally new experience for me. Thanks again for sharing. Angola, I've been to some pretty bad places but never Angola.

I would buy some inexpensive acrylic blanks to practice with first. It's not difficult but different. The epoxy used to cast these will be a little softer than acrylic, so light cuts as you get close to the final size. You will also need micro mesh pads or equivalent to polish to a clear finish. I also finish on the buffer after wet sanding through 12,000 grit.

Angola actually wasn't too bad, just everything took more effort than it should.

Danny

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

vtgaryw

Gorgeous. The only Mickey Mouse watch face I had the paint flaked off as soon as I tried to bend it. I was bummed.

-gary

vtgaryw

Gorgeous. The only Mickey Mouse watch face I had the paint flaked off as soon as I tried to bend it. I was bummed.

-gary

Gary I've been collecting broken watches and watch faces from EBay. I hope they behave themselves when I give them a bend. I did buy some cheap ones to practice on.

Most of them do. The only really bad one I ever had was the Mickey Mouse one. Might have been a cheap fake for all I know.

Gary

Top Bottom