Meteorite inlay ring

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from btboone

btboone

Here's a new ring I made with Gibeon Meteorite. The meteorite is over 4 billion years old and it took millions of years to cool, giving it the characteristic crystalline grain structure. The meteorite material is only found in a single location in south Africa. The ring is titanium.

Attachments

• meteorite.jpg
    meteorite.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 511
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

I have one of Bruce's rings (not this one) but I love it! It was a replacement for my wedding band that was too thick, too tall and too wide. Bruce, made the PERFECT ring for me.

Fred

Hello, Bruce. Long time no see! We missed you at the meeting last weekend.

BTW, I just bet that you didn't get that 'rock' from any local vendors since it came from one of those galaxies far, far away. :eek:

Extremely nice artisan work there my friend!

S

spiritwoodturner

Bruce, what a gift! Thanks for sharing that.

Dale

btboone

Thanks guys. Still working on that moon rock. :biggrin:

Hi Fred. Sorry I missed you. I was at the Atlanta pen show. I sold a Flame pen and a few rings and came close on some others, but I made some huge contacts that may turn out to be a VERY big deal. Needless to say, I'm at home doing homework right now.

davinci27

Hey Bruce. Just wanted to say beautiful rings. I keep telling my wife I want to replace my wedding band with one of your rings. they are gorgeous.

amosfella

That is awesome looking ring.... Don't worry, I won't tell the others that you really get your rocks through a stargate you have hidden in your basement..... SHHHHH!!!!!!

bitshird

Bruce, that is an amazing ring, I've made rings with tektites,and Moldavites but WOW yours gotta have a bunch of MoJo with it. simply astounding,

toolcrazy

That is gorgeous, let me know when you work out the details. I've been meaning to buy a ring from you. Or even one of your wood inlay rings.

Bruce,
I'd have to say, before someone else does...ready?
"out of this world!"
Really, hate to talk price, but a piece of meteorite has to get pricy, right? I mean, is it affordable or more a conversation piece and if affordable, do you have enough to make quantities?

J

jackrichington

I don't know squat about jewelry, but I sure like yours

btboone

Glenn, the ring would retail for $460. Not bad for something 4 billion years old. I understand that the government of Namibia has stopped export of the material, so it will indeed become more and more rare and valuable.

bad

Bruce:
I can't tell from the picture. Is the whole centre band made of meteorite or is the meteorite inlaid in the centre band? Either way, that's seriously cool. I didn't think you'd be able to top the puzzle pen but you just did. Looking forward to seeing what crazy cool sh... I mean stuff you'll come up with next.

ahoiberg

damn bruce, that is cool. lucky fella who ends up with that one.

might i take a minute to say how well my ring is holding up by the way. if anyone wants an awesome ring, get one from bruce (or have your wife do it).

btboone

Bruce:
I can't tell from the picture. Is the whole centre band made of meteorite or is the meteorite inlaid in the centre band? Either way, that's seriously cool. I didn't think you'd be able to top the puzzle pen but you just did. Looking forward to seeing what crazy cool sh... I mean stuff you'll come up with next.

The entire inlay is meteorite. The titanium ring is a simple one with a deep groove.

workinforwood

Wow...awesome! I just happen to be a geologist and as I sit here with my microscope against my computer screen...I hate to disappoint you, but that is only a 3.7 billion year old meteor. I rarely get out of bed for anything younger than 10 billion, but you caught me on a good day.

That is a awesome ring, I am from SA - may be I should order one. I would like to talk to you about some rings and a very interesting project that I am working on that might have a great potential to use some of your skills.

keithkarl2007

that is so cool, i need to rob a bank or something. :biggrin::biggrin:
Seriously though that is amazing, would it be possible to inlay volcanic rock into a ring

VisExp

Further proof of some of the great stuff that can come out of Southern Africa :biggrin:

As someone mentioned earlier, I don't know much about jewelry but I sure like the jewelry you make. Stunning.

Top Bottom