Making blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Grizz

Banned
So, if I purchase the HF pressure Pot, what else do I need to do to make it a 'blank' maker? Can I just hook it up my air hose and have at it? Ya'll got me wanting to look into this... my curiosity has risen.

Any one in the Dayton/Ohio area who could just give me tutorial on all this?

Thanks
Grizz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

There is an awesome tuturial on this in the library and if I knew how to link it in this post I would. I haven't bought mine yet but in the tutorial it tells you all the extra stuff you need and shows step by step photos. Hope this helps.

stevers

Grizz,
You will need to do "some" modifications to the tank. How many depends on how far you want to go with it. The tutorial in the library is mine and it is a total make over involving a lot of work and parts. Some here have done the conversion with only a few parts and are casting as we speak. You can do a search for pressure pots or something along those lines and come up with a lot of good info.
Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help.

"edit"
I should mention that some folks don't even use a PVPot for casting. It can be done without pressure. more care must be taken when mixing and pouring to avoid air bubbles, but it can be done.

More folks will chime in with more info.

Grizz

Banned
Originally posted by stevers

Grizz,
You will need to do "some" modifications to the tank. How many depends on how far you want to go with it. The tutorial in the library is mine and it is a total make over involving a lot of work and parts. Some here have done the conversion with only a few parts and are casting as we speak. You can do a search for pressure pots or something along those lines and come up with a lot of good info.
Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help.

"edit"
I should mention that some folks don't even use a PVPot for casting. It can be done without pressure. more care must be taken when mixing and pouring to avoid air bubbles, but it can be done.

More folks will chime in with more info.

Thanks Stevers, I'd just like to buy what is needed and let someone put it together. I'm dyslexic and some of these tutorials with out hands on instruction I just get confused. When that happens I'll usually just quit.

stevers

You may want to see if anyone is near Xenia, Ohio and see if you could get some help. The folks here are always very willing to help and it's always fun to meet a fellow crafter.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
At a minimum, you need to plug the hole where the paint comes out and remove the tube that goes down from the bottom of the lid. You should be able to get a plug at the hardware store. I don't remember if the pot comes with the 1/4" NPT fitting, but if not one of those needs to be added to the input of the regulator.

Many of us get a bit fancier and replace every fitting on the lid so that we can install cutoff valves and add a vacuum gauge capability, but that can be added later if you want.

alamocdc

Jon, I have a HF PP, but I have yet to use it for casting. I bought it to do skin casting, but have had too many irons in the fire to play with it. If you are just looking to cast your own resin blanks, you don't really need anything other than what has been outlined in the tutorials in the library. I don't really cast that often, so it would be a while before I'd be ready to do more.

Top Bottom