Black and Gold Cigar...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grub32

I posted this in the show off forum, but it really belongs here. I casted this black and gold blank last night and I absolutely love it. I have to thank every person working in this forum for the unbelievable wealth of information that this forum provides. I coudln't have done it without everyones help.

Having said that, what do you guys and gals think? I wish that my camera could give you the ability to see what my eyes see in this one. Its awesome. I sent a picture to someone of a pen that I had made and then showed this person the real thing. The buyer was suprised at the actual beauty of the pen. I then told her that if I could capture what I was doing that perfectly, then I would be a photographer and not a pen maker : ) hehehe

I plan on getting better.

Grub32

20083180182_BLGD.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
It looks good.

Your a braver soul than I am turning something you cast last night. I usually wait at least a week to make sure it's fully cured.:D

Hello

you cast it last night? I haven't tried casting yet, so I am completely ignorant.....but I was under the impression that casting took a couple days to cure?
if it only takes a couple hours, and one can get results like what you'v got there....I'm gonna' start this weekend!!!!! :)

grub32

Ok...I guess I am not as brave as you guys think...I cast on Sunday at about 12 noon and cut and turned at 6 pm yesterday...I have been screwing around with humidity, temp and hardener to find a good median. It cut well, drilled well and turned slowly. I used 5 drops per ounce and I probably could have turned it yesterday. NO FLAWS at all!!

Humidity was low and temp was btwn 70-73 F the whole time.

THanks for the comments.

Grub32

Top Bottom