Majestic Squire & Executive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from campzeke

campzeke

Here are a couple of my latest pens. The Majestic Squire and the PSI Executive. Both were made from Bronze & Gold Inlace Acrylester. No paint on the tubes.

Attachments

• W_0001.JPG
    W_0001.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 159
  • W_0002.JPG
    W_0002.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 130
  • W_0003.JPG
    W_0003.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 143
  • W_0006.JPG
    W_0006.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 151
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

Great looking pens. I could never turn Inlace blanks. They've always blown up on me.

I try to go easy drilling on my drill press. I turn it at +/- 2600 RPM using SHARP steel tools taking light cuts. I suggest you re-sharpen for your final cuts. Once I get close to where I want it I take VERY LIGHT cuts to about 1/16" or less from the bushings. From there I finish with sandpaper for final fit and shaping. I usually start with 80~100 grit and sand through 400 finishing with a full set of MM and plastic polish of your choice. I have had small pieces chip out but I think that was from being too aggressive or dull tools. Small chip outs can easily be filled with CA and turned or sanded smooth. I am not an expert by any standards but this is what works for me. Inlace is not the easiest stuff to work with but I love the end result. BE SURE to paint the inside of the blank and the tubes if you are turning a thin pen and don't want to see the brass.

Try it again and let us see your results!

Top Bottom