Mach V Shaver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Since I was a taker this weekend on Mudder's pencil trick. I will share with you my last project of the weekend.

Have a good client who bought pens and a shaving brush bring in his razor and wanted a handle to match his shaving brush. So here it is.

i wish I had an engineering background instead of art. The simple things give me hard times. Anyways, took a stick of masur birch stabalized, drilled a 7mm hole, droped in a 7mm tube so I could use the mandrell as a pin chuck, plus the 7mm tube supports the 3mm nuts I exopied in, to thread the blade attatchement. Made it longer because the original was to short. I like it. Now I have to go out and find one for me ;)

200631361449_shave_proto.jpg

200631361511_shave_turn.jpg

200631361535_shave_finish.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Well done. I like it. I've never seen that style of razor handle before but might look for it. Thinking of just replacing the center section with a sealed piece of turned burl.

PenWorks

Pretty good idea Tip, I might have to try that tonight before I call him. Have some redwood burl that just might look good.[:)]

Tom, in your case, we will make an excepton, and you can use it for your legs [:D]

Thanks for the comments

Rifleman1776

Certainly an improvement over the original. Longer handle and more 'grippable'. The sharp taper on the original is asking to be dropped. Your design, with the little ergonomic shape at the end is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom