Mach 3 Razors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

Made 2 razors. One is with cocobolo and the other is with figured rosewood with about 7 coats of CA. The ends are also sealed with CA to hopefully keep water from getting at the wood.
They sanded through all of the plastic pads.
These are the first two that I have made, any sugestions or comments are welcome.

Attachments

• razor 1.jpg
    razor 1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 204
  • razor 2.jpg
    razor 2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 148
  • razor 4.jpg
    razor 4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 174
  • razor 5.jpg
    razor 5.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 190
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

How do wooden razors hold up? I've made over 500 razors, but have been chicken to try 'em in wood. I have an unconditional warranty on all my products....wood scares me.

Beautiful razors!

I don`t know, these are my first two. I am testing one now to see. I would think though as long as the wood is sealed it should be alright, thus the CA covering the raw edges.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Not all wood is created equal.

Drive shafts on ships were, at one time not long ago, made from wood---I believe it was Lignum Vitae. It was said it lasted longer and performed more quietly than steel.

So, perhaps the "oily" woods, like cocobolo will "defend themselves" against the soapy hot water. It will be interesting to see it in a year or so!!

It's sure pretty NOW!!!

fernhills

Nice razors and wood handles. Most shovels garden tools are wood handled and they last a long time and they are abused, let outside leaning against the wall all winter. There are countless wood handled kitchen items, knives to just name one. Hey lets not forget our homes, wood trim galore with just a coat of paint. Don`t make to much out of nothing, wood will not disintegrate in your hand if it happens to get some water on it. Carl

Top Bottom