M6.5 X 0.75 Taps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrplace

I am planning on making a purchase of taps that are M6.5 X 0.75 that matches the nibs Anthony sells.

These are not cheap because they are custom cut. We get a price break with volume. Right now the cost is $52.30 +$5.00 handling charge, and +plus shipping. There is a two to four week lead time on these.

So, I propose everyone who is interested PM me and let me know how many you would like. I will figure the total cost April 20th and post the cost with shipping/insurance added, as well as Paypal information to make the payments.

Please PM me also if you post.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrplace

Bruce has made his own. I have gotten alot of information from Bruce, but he is always busy so I did not ask him. His are made from Titanium, these are HSS M2. I would think he would charge about the same because it is time consuming work. I have talked to 3 machine shops and my machinists at work, and I get the same response. It is cheaper to buy them from someone who specializes in taps.

I don't know, if anyone else has some options, I would be very interested in them.

btboone

If you don't get enough interest, I can make a few. They are nowhere near as good as professional ones, but mine worked in brass or plastic OK. I have been crazy this last week with a few 30 ring days, so do keep me as a last resort, but I'll bail you out if the other options dry up.

johnnycnc

It would be worth a try here http://www.regalcuttingtools.com/index.html
Click special quotes and then select tap,
it will open a specifications page to fill in.
I have ordered custom left hand taps through my
job from Regal;price was reasonable,2 week delivery,
and quality good.If I recall,price was around 30 bucks each,
they were #12 size,and TICN coated as well.
As an aside,I may search for an off the shelf supplier
for you.Hope this helps and saves you some $$![:D]

Originally posted by mrplace
<br />
I don't know, if anyone else has some options, I would be very interested in them.

Chuck Key

I use a Jacobs chuck in the tail stock as a tap handle and turn the lathe head stock by hand while feeding the tail stock by hand also. Precarious naa, precocious maybe.

Chuckie

Chuck Key

Oops, just realized this is a buy and sell forum. The post is just for information on the topic. I did make the taps metioned but they are intended for personal use only since I am not set up for selling them nor manufacturing them in large quantities.

Chuckie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom