lost friend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

schellfarms

Yesterday, rather unexpectedly, we lost our sweet cat Genie. She was 16, and had many health problems. We took her to the animal ER and they said they could try treating her, but had less than a 10% chance of success. We were there with her to the very end. She was my baby, and will truly be missed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my beloved FatKat a few months ago and I was devistated. Unless your an animal lover you would not know that it is losing a member of the family.

rtjw

Some here may say I dont like cats, but we had a cat for 18 years when I was growing up. I think my mother liked the cat more than the kids. I soon realized why it was that way. When you have a pet it is like having a child. That pet depends on you for everything. Eating, sleeping, bathing, health, everything. Just like a child does. The only difference is a child becomes dependent and soon is able to take care of themselves. A pet is never able to become dependent. So as pet owners, it is like having a child forever. The best thing about it is that that "child" is just like a human child in the fact that it gives love to their owner, no matter what. So the pet owner gets love from their child all the time. Cant beat something like that. With human children, they grow up and dont always give affection everyday.
When my mothers "child" passed away, the vet called the funeral home and made an official "death call" for us to come and pick up the "body". We had a full funeral, casket, flowers, service and burial.
I am truly sorry about the loss of your "child"

TBone

"Buck" has been with us for 16 years now and is mostly blind and deaf but physically pretty healthy. He used to stay with me in the shop but the loss of eyesight has him skiddish. I do NOT look forward to what the near future will bring. And my son will lose the dog the he grew up with. I have had dogs 3 times that lived over 16 and it hurts to lose them. I am sorry for your loss.

Daniel

Sorry about your loss. I lost my cat a few years ago. she was 17. that is an extremely long life for a cat. I still miss her.
I have three others now but will never have anouther like she was. I was not much of a cat person until she came into my life. I simply incourage you to enjoy her memory even in the midst of the hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom