Looking for Acrylic Sheet Goods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cindylee

Cindylee

Hello all,

I am hoping someone has a contact that they can share or some advice. Working on a project that will require lamination of sheet goods to make bottle stoppers and such. I would like to get the acrylic in sheet form and do a few laminations then cut down to my desired turning size. Not really sure what types of acrylic sheet goods correspond with what we are accustomed to turning. Any thoughts or suggestions? Some checking of Grainger's site listed acrylic sheet but not sure if this material is too brittle to turn.

Thanks in advance for any help getting a source for this material.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Cindy!

Acrylic sheets can be made and purchased in many forms. I buy acrylic, made in Italy, in 16-22mm thicknesses. Most of the acrylic sheet you will find is clear or black---if you want to PM me, I may be able to help, but I need to know more about your wants (actually, a phone call would save a lot of time, for both of us--PM me, I will give you phone #)

Fibonacci

I bought a couple sheets of cast acrylic from McMaster Carr that worked well for segmenting.

They sell them in a wide variety of colors and thicknesses.

jttheclockman

Acrylic sheets are used widely in the scroll sawing world. You do not mention what size or thickness you are looking for or what colors. Are you looking for translucent or opaque colors.??? Are you looking for segmenting or for frontal viewing???

Top Bottom