Looking for a new ISP . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cozee

I have had a dial-up ISP since I've gotten online about 5 years ago. I have been notified that my present ISP will be dropping dial-up service at the end of the year. The only other thing available out here in the cornfield is satellite. Since I am really tired of slow speeds, 21-26 Kbps, I have begun looking into satellite service. Anyone have a satellite service they like or one they wouldn't recommend??? Out of the couple I have looked at, presently I like Global Net's one-way service. Haven't looked at two-way services yet.

JimGo

You might see if there's a WiMax or WiFi network available in your area. Another option is to see whether Verizon or Sprint has high-speed connectivity via one of their cellular networks. If I didn't have a server at home, I'd probably switch to one of these later services.

DWK5150

Satellite is very expensive cause I looked into it and the verizon and sprint cards can get costly quick if you arent careful with them but those are only avaliable in certain ares and dont work with all computers. Found that out the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom