Longhorns

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chasper

Chasper

I don't remember if I've mentioned it here before, but I raise longhorn cattle; minature longhorns. I raise them out in the garden, in a doghouse I converted into a barn. I've been raising them for several years. Last summer Romeo my bull died. Romeo was a foundation bull of the North American Minature Longhorn Association http://www.namlha.com/ he was a great bull, well built and strong, always ready for service. I have been looking for a way to remember Romeo for several months and tonight I made this bottle stopper from his horns. Now I'll remember him every time I open a wine bottle.

Attachments

• Longhorn.jpg
    Longhorn.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 249
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That's a great idea, and a cool bottle opener.

Can you post a picture of one of your long horns?? When I was still living in Houston area, the road that ran from the freeway to my sub-div, also ran past the city dump... in an effort to beautify, there was a pasture in front of the dumps and they had about 20 head of the most beautiful longhorns... one especially had a tremendous spread on his horns... I never got out to take closer look, but I'm thinking they were well over 6 feet between tips.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Chasper (Gerry),

After you open the bottle, pour the glass, before your first sip, "Cheers, Romeo!!"

Nice opener!! (pun intended)

S

spiritwoodturner

Gerry,

You have WAYYYY too much time on your hands! I wish you lived closer to me, I'll bet I could find some way for you to burn some of that creative energy. Like walking my Dragon and mowing my forest...

Funny though!

Dale

Gerry,
I think the wild longhorns of old Texas also had a reputation of an attitude.. I heard that cowboys did NOT get off their horse in the presence of a long horn unless absolutely necessary and sometimes they charged the horses too.

OKLAHOMAN

Was it jackolope Murder?

Nice opener, poor Romeo hope it wasn't one of them Jackolopes that got to him:frown:.

rdunn12

I'll try to take a picture of the herd of Longhorns, but they tend to be camera shy, they run back into barn when I go out there with a camera. You can read about them here http://www.namlha.com/

Heck I would be camera shy too if you came out with the bull's horns on a bottle stopper.Not knowing what that crazy guy is gonna wanna turn next.:biggrin::biggrin:All jokes aside that is a nice way to remember him.And it looks really unique.Nice work.

Top Bottom