"LOCATION: A Pet Peeve" Redux

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
This past December 31, Ed Brown (ed4copies) started a thread in this forum asking members to include in their profiles their states of residence. Ed noted that sometimes a member would make an observation in a post that ran contrary to his experience and he thought geographical differences might have something to do with it. When he would click on the member's user name, he often found the member's state information missing and he was frustrated by his inability to confirm his theory. Ed's "Location" thread proved that he was not the only member frustrated by this.

While I have noticed many of our members since have updated their profiles with this information, many have not. Further, I've noticed how much easier it is to find this information when it is placed in the member's signature area.

Therefore, I am again asking members (ever so gently) to revise their signature areas to include their states/provinces/territories/commonwealths/countries/what-have-you. Adding the name of your city/town/burg/hamlet/municipality would be a welcome bonus. This, of course, is entirely voluntary. It also is the humblest of requests and needn't be met with disdain, animosity, vulgar language, tirades, rants, colorful phrases involving my mother or the like.

Thank you for your consideration.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh Mike

I'm afraid your gonna "take it in the chops" so to speak!!!

Let's see those
<center>
LOCATIONS!!!</center>

<center>
Be</center>
<center>
PROUD!!!</center>

<center>of your</center>
<center>
HOMETOWN!!!</center>

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by wdcav1952

Hell, Ed, if we all put down our hometowns, that will be even more confusing!!! Just a suggestion, why not put down where we live now? :D:D;)

Sorry,

For those of you who LIVE IN A HOME --- LIST the TOWN you are in!!

For Cav, living under the bridge on MAIN St.[:0][:0][:0][:0] just doesn't make him "feel at home"!!!:(:(:(:(

I can understand that![8)]

pssherman

OK. I put my name, city and state in the signature line instead of name and state in the posts. Previous posts will now have redundant information. But I guess redundant is better that not enough.

GaryMGg

Paul, I think when a sig line is changed and an old post viewed, the new sig is visible as it's not part of the post per se.
I made the changes Ed suggested and I've found that when I get confused I can come here to learn where I live. Helps me get home. Thanks Ed. ;):D:D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
THANKS Paul!!

And your signature updates when you change it - there will not be redundancy, the new one will be the ONLY one that appears.

pssherman

I understand all that. But I had been putting "Paul in AR" in the text of the post. Previous posts still have that line, in the post, and the updated signature line. So, name and state are repeated, but only in the previous posts. Just look at any of my previous posts to see what I mean.

donald19

It's always great knowing where folks are located.
When reading member posts I also check out the member web sites when included in their signature blocks. You'de be amazed how diverse their websites are. I checked out the member map also and there are only 3 tacks on the whole Montana Map. Were few but were great.

Al
Sometimes when I'm turning, I wonder "Why is that pen blank growing bigger?" and then it hits me.

Macon, Georgia
"Home of the Macon Whoppees"

Thanks, Al. Now that you've filled out your signature area, you need to explain exactly what a "Macon Whoppee" is.

Top Bottom