Little help needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

tas2181

I purchased a Professional Woodwoorker 4 speed lathe at a garage sale ($20) distributed by Homier tools in the hopes of making a dedicated buffer out of it. Model V#3514.
For the life of me I can not figure out what the headstock spindle thread size is. (no morse taper) If I could find out the size I may be able to get an adapter to a standard spindle size.
Anyone have any knowledge of this particular beast?
If anyone knows of a buffing system that could be used between centers, I could use that, as I have a drive center and a face plate that that came with it with the correct threading.

Tom

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Mount a block on the face plate and turn a tenon the size of the inside of a WOOL paint roller.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2806&SearchTerms=HIgh,tech,buffer

AS far as determining the threads on the spindle, have you tried measuring the shaft and counting the threads per inch?
It may be an oddball knowing Homier but since it is probably an off shore brands, chances are it is the same as another lathe with a different paint job.It may even be a grizzy or a Jet knock off (I forget who JET knocked off to get their design.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom