Life is Too Short

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Buried my sister this past Wed. 68 years old. Did not go down as another covid victim but it might as well have. She was in the hospital for other problems but caught the virus there and within 5 days her oxygen level fell and all other numbers fell so rapidly they could not save her. She was fighting off other infections before that so her immune system was taxed. This is such a dark year in so many ways that I still think it is all a dream. Just have been walking around in a fog and now with winter coming on and the Christmas season I find myself once again morning a loss. 6 years ago it was my Mom who died Jan. 2 and was in the hospital for the Christmas season. So now my sister joins Mom and Dad and I will miss her along with my parents. Life is too short. I really have to push myself to get into the shop and get my mind off these dark days. Rest in Peace Sis.

papaturner

Buried my sister this past Wed. 68 years old. Did not go down as another covid victim but it might as well have. She was in the hospital for other problems but caught the virus there and within 5 days her oxygen level fell and all other numbers fell so rapidly they could not save her. She was fighting off other infections before that so her immune system was taxed. This is such a dark year in so many ways that I still think it is all a dream. Just have been walking around in a fog and now with winter coming on and the Christmas season I find myself once again morning a loss. 6 years ago it was my Mom who died Jan. 2 and was in the hospital for the Christmas season. So now my sister joins Mom and Dad and I will miss her along with my parents. Life is too short. I really have to push myself to get into the shop and get my mind off these dark days. Rest in Peace Sis.
Prayers and condolences.

montmill

Sadly there are many experiencing loss alone. It's hard to see a burial in our cemetery with only a few people attending knowing their friends and loved ones didn't get that hug or hand shake or a kind word. Grief is a powerful emotion and I'm afraid all this unresolved grief will be an ongoing problem. Thanks for sharing and expressing your grief, we send our prayers and hugs.

John, I really have no words of condolence that would make the situation better... you do have my deeps condollences though.

I have 3 sisters, one 2 years older that has beat breast cancer and is 81 years young, another 2 years younger that is in relative good health, but I think she also has some underlying conditions. The third is 20 years younger and not sure of her health.... but I dread the though of losing any of them.... have already lost a brother back in 1963 at age 13 and to this day still miss him. All we can do is remember the good times.

Sad part is we are all so spread about, we rarely get to visit.... 1 sister in Texas, 1 in New Mexico, 1 in Montana and me in Tennessee.

RobS

Sorry for your loss John.

Praying your family finds joy in this strange Christmas Season.

I find when I'm down and am just staring at the lathe turning square things round for future projects helps get me going. Maybe you can just cut, drill and glue blanks for next season.

Truly sorry,
RobS

So so sorry for loss of your family, I also know how it feels at Christmas time Ilost my mom and dad and my older brother all between Christmas day and New Year within 2 yrs. I hope you find piece in your heart. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

howsitwork

John

So sorry to hear that news. Lost my own sister—in -law to covid earlier this year. Focus on the good memories although at the moment that's difficult. I found the workshop helped me cope and talking to friends.

We are all your friends here.

stay strong and safe

Ian

Aces-High

So sorry for your loss John.

John, your note above hit a cord with me once I really read it. Can't expand on it but I can only know how you must feel. Life's rough, this year sucks and this just adds onto your misery. I'm truly sorry for your loss. Family is important, very important, to all of us. I'm tired of this virus and all that it takes from us, family and friends. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this rough patch in your life. Hang tough my friend, things will get better!

studioseven

John,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know that at the lowest times of your life, faith, family and friends are needed to get through it. Know we are here for you. Be strong.

Seven

Top Bottom