Lapis Imperial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It Lapis Tru-Stone from Exotic Blanks on an Imperial Rollerball. Fairly easy Tru-Stone to turn. Finished with sandpaper to 600 grit, MM, wet, from 1500 to 12000 grit and HUT plastic Polish. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for just looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Lapis Imperial_2.jpg
    Lapis Imperial_2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 309
  • Lapis Imperial_1.jpg
    Lapis Imperial_1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Lapis Imperial.jpg
    Lapis Imperial.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 200
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

That's beautiful, Doc! I'm not generally a fan of gold accents, but I can't imagine this pen without them. Lovely work as usual.

terryf

Great work as usual Doc. Those are stunning kits and you've dressed it in style. I really like the contrast between the blue, gold and silver. Thanks for sharing!

Love it. Deep purple,gold and chrome YUMMY:biggrin:
I never had a chance to get any of those kits as they had topped selling them before I started making pens. and I ain`t spending $75.00 for one.:eek:

drgoretex

Beautiful pen, Doc! I've done one up in the same combination before, and it sold ridiculously quickly.

Ken

jskeen

Nice combo Doc. Love that kit in fountain pen, but the RB tip just reminds me a little too much of Steely Dan (the original one, not the band) to take seriously. Of course, that's probably just me.

ToddMR

Doc, that is a perfect match to blank and kit. I think it looks very nice. I will have to try that type of tru-stone.

Padre

It's really nice doc, really nice. Do you know if you could make a pen out of actual lapis?

terryf

It's really nice doc, really nice. Do you know if you could make a pen out of actual lapis?

You could quite easily turn Lapis Lazuli, it has a mere 5-6 on the Mohs scale of hardness.

It has been used in carvings for centuries and the darker the blue the more expensive the stone. I dont think it would be a durable option however because its so soft.

To give you an example of how soft it is - it has been used as eye shadow by grinding it to a powder in a mortar and pestel. Not something you would try with most rocks!

Probably also be quite expensive.

wizard

Chip, Terry nailed that question for me..that's more than I know. Mont Blanc used lapis for a line of duo pens with god and lapis...expensive!! Regards, Doc

wizard

Fabulous Doc! And a white background! Pen and photos are fantastic. Now let's see that purple one on this background. : ) Martin

Martin, You asked for it. I'll post it again. I'm kinda liking a white background.:wink:. Thanks for the compliment! Regards, Doc

wizard

Doc, do you ever make a BAD pen?

Beautiful as always!!!! :):biggrin:

Lenny,
The answer to that question is an absolute, without a doubt, unequivocal
YES!!!!!. I even show them at times:rolleyes:. Check out my Majestic from scraps pen and the story about it which is embarrassing:redface:!
But, I appreciate the compliment on this one. Regards, Doc

wizard

Now let's see that purple one on this background. : )

View attachment 49549
Sorry, couldn't resist :biggrin:

Seriously though, that is a sharp looking pen. Well done. I do like how the blue lapis trustone comes out. Maybe it's just my display, but in person blue lapis looks darker than that to me. More like this:
View attachment 49548

Regards,
Eric

Eric, I used the medium rather than the dark Lapis Tru-Stone from Exotics and I think that's what your seeing. Thanks for the compliment. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom