Koa Nunchucks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kalai

Kalai

I have been making too many bowls recently and felt compeled to do some spindle turning and I figured I could use another pair of nunchucks so here it is--Koa Nunchucks, aloha.

Kalai:)

20082871331_chucks%20006.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

Thought they looked a little "stubby"...my kid is working on his black belt and has taken several classes with various weapons...I think the chucks have been his favorite overall.

Kalai

Hay Jon that is neat, I have been into Martial arts since I was 12, if your son wants, give me the dimentions to his favorite chucks and I will make a pair out of Koa for him and all you do is pay for shipping:) Aloha.

johnny1211

These would make a great gift for a friend of mine who is into the martial arts. As I am not, is Koa the traditional wood used for these? It would be neat to make him a set. Are they connected by drilling and tying knots?

Kalai

Thanks for the comments everyone.
Johnny, Koa is just a local wood here in Hawaii that I used, I am not sure what the traditional wood is. I did drill a hole and knot the nylon rope at the end, I drilled the hole a bit larger at the end so it will allow the knot to go in and hide abit. If you want a pair I can make one for you, they are easy to make:D Aloha.

Chris

elody21

Love them! can you imagine how much those would hurt if they were made of Corian!!!!!!??????

Top Bottom