Baseball Bats

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from johnny1211

johnny1211

Here's a few bats that I finished a few days ago. The left is modeled after a youth Louiville Slugger, the middle is an attempt at a throwback with a longer than usual taper as requested by a friend/baseball fanatic that's been hit already in his garage batting cage, the one on the right is a fungo I made for the baseball coach at my school. Pretty easy turning, but A LOT of fun. All were made from ash billets. The two end bats have a poly finish. After messing up the flaming on the middle bat, I didn't finish it. There are plans to make another "retro" bat as soon as the billets come in.

200821211942_Baseball%20Bats.jpg

PS-first pic post is coming up, I hope it works

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by R2

Not up with baseball bat design and technology. Would the long one really stand the pressure of a good old fashioned slog?

Probably not, but I don't imagine the catcher's gonna wanna be creeping the plate. That thing's gonna have a good reach on the follow through wrap! Very cool bats!:)

johnny1211

The long bat would probably break the first time you hit a pitched ball with it. It is designed for coaches to hit practice balls with. It's 36" long and weighs only 20 oz (give or take). It's actually the lightest bat there. The length mixed with the low weight (mostly up front) help coaches hit practice balls without getting tired, in theory anyway.

Top Bottom