Kitten fiasco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul Downes

We have been getting visits from a barn cat and her troop of kittens. They have been raiding our cat food which is in the barn. I got to thinking (first mistake) that a few more mousers/raters might come in handy so we decided to catch a couple and tame them down. Well, I trapped some of them in the barn and got the welding gloves on. We finally caught 1 and it proceeded to try to chew the welding gloves off my hands (thank God I decided to wear them) I finally got that one calmed down enough to put her in a trash can with a lid.actually my one yr. old had her fingers on the rim of the metal trash can and I put the lid on quick -lots of crying but no real damage.....and went after the other one. After chaseing it all over the barn, into the attic space through the loft (piled with stacks of lumber) it launched itself off the 8' loft and landed in a pail of kerosene. I was about to shoot the %@^% thing but thought that the audiance of my young kids would not go for the idea........about an hour later I final caught the little rascal. I stuck it in a fish net and folded it over so it couldn't escape and got out the dish soap. It looked rather sad after repeated hosing. I am glad some animal rights wacko didn't drive by when we were attempting to de-grease the bugger. It looked like cat tortureing. After drying it with a heat gun and towels I then had to repair the rabbit cage and make a new door so we could keep them captive. And I was planning on casting some resin and turning a few pens........I should just buy a trap or 2 for the darn mice and rats.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

You shouldn't dry a cat or dog with a heat gun. It gets too hot for them. It's better to use a hair dryer with the heat off or let them air dry.

Paul Downes

Steve, we didn't hold the heat gun that close. My hand was in the line of fire so I could feel how hot it was. It did cross my mind that the Chinese roast cats, but they probably use a rotisory. It was easy tracking the little bugger after he took the dive into the kerosene bucket. I did also chew out my son for leaving the bucket out. He has been rebuilding the rear end of his ex- cop car. It was also an opportunity to teach my kids about the dangers of exposure to solvents. I was worried that I might not catch the cat in time and he would succum to the effects of the dunking. He looks a little ragged this morning but should survive. Probably doesn't have any more fleas.:D

redfishsc

So let's see here. This kitten gets chased by an angry man all over a barn, leaps into a bucket of kerosene (yowza!), gets trapped and wadded up in a fish net, gets soaped up, hosed off, and dried with a HEAT gun!

Might I recommend you not make that particular kitten a house pet. Things will be much better for the both of you.

I sure hope PETA reads this. Not because I think you did anything wrong, frankly, I think it's hilarious. I just like seeing PETA get all mad and show their butts. :D

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Matt, why must you savagely attack PETA? I am the President of my local PETA chapter and find your rhetoric horrific! For anyone interested in joining PETA please PM me!!

PeopleEatingTastyAnimals

Paul Downes

So wdcave1952 Have you tried cat? I have a friend who knows a native indian from out West who fed him some mountain lion while he was visiting. He said it was some of the best meat he has ever eaten! SOmehow the thought of a calico roast just doesn't sound appealing. I do know that the local coyote population holds domestic cat right at the top of their prefered meal. Some neighbors of mine cleaned out a den of coyote pups and found "dozens" of cat and dog collors around the hole. Maybe them dogs know something we don't?

Fred

Now if we could only train them coyotes to eat a few of our politicians -un-named of course - I think the country would be in much better shape. But then again on second thought, why would I want to injure a poor, somewhat defense animal by getting it to eat spoiled meat? [}:)]

redfishsc

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Matt, why must you savagely attack PETA? I am the President of my local PETA chapter and find your rhetoric horrific! For anyone interested in joining PETA please PM me!!

PeopleEatingTastyAnimals

You might be the President, but I'm the Head Chef!

Here kitty kitty kitty.......[:p]
alf.jpg

redfishsc

Originally posted by Fred_erick

Now if we could only train them coyotes to eat a few of our politicians -un-named of course - I think the country would be in much better shape. But then again on second thought, why would I want to injure a poor, somewhat defense animal by getting it to eat spoiled meat? [}:)]

The main problem is that all politicians (red or blue) tend to all have worms-- like that one that was in that dudes head on Star Trek.

Aderhammer

Originally posted by redfishsc

Originally posted by Fred_erick

The main problem is that all politicians (red or blue) tend to all have worms-- like that one that was in that dudes head on Star Trek.
We need them to get the worms that Fry got in Futurama. They actually made him smarter[}:)]

redfishsc

Um, if it makes them smarter they'll start figuring out how to really snooker people. I prefer my politicians on the lower end of the intelligence food chain, thank you! So far the only one that seems to be half intelligent is Senator Kennedy, he's managed to "stay out of trouble" for decades (ie, It ain't illegal unless you get caught).

Top Bottom