This has been doing this most of the day yesterday
I checked all the fluids, all good, checked the air filter and blown it out
If anyone has any ideas, please chime in,
thank you,
t

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Gimpy:
I just check spec on your tractor, it's a diesel I would check the fuel filter plugged as if it will start and then die for a diesel it has run out on fuel. There should be a hand primer pump ,manual type on or near the filter to injection pump where you can bleed out any air, also when changing fuel filter pre fill the housing of the filter before adding new filter.. You have check to insure it does have diesel in the fuel tank, right.

gimpy

Gimpy:
I just check spec on your tractor, it's a diesel I would check the fuel filter plugged as if it will start and then die for a diesel it has run out on fuel. There should be a hand primer pump ,manual type on or near the filter to injection pump where you can bleed out any air, also when changing fuel filter pre fill the housing of the filter before adding new filter.. You have check to insure it does have diesel in the fuel tank, right.

Thanks Charlie, I will check it out tomorrow as it is to darn hot outside
I'm not an engine type guy, but i know enough to get into trouble
The tractor starts I can run it for a while and then it''s like I loose power and it shuts off
I'll get back to you tomorrow

Thank you
t

Charlie_W

Another thing to check is if the fuel cap vent is plugged with debris. Sounds like it runs till using some fuel causes a vacuum in the tank and it stops getting enough fuel to run. After a while, it probably would start up again.
Next time it cuts off, open the fuel cap. If it starts right back up, that might diagnose the issue.

Dieseldoc

Another thing to check is if the fuel cap vent is plugged with debris. Sounds like it runs till using some fuel causes a vacuum in the tank and it stops getting enough fuel to run. After a while, it probably would start up again.
Next time it cuts off, open the fuel cap. If it starts right back up, that might diagnose the issue.
Charlie
:You are correct another thing to check, I think it's one or the. other. If just after it stops , unscrew fuel cap and if you her in suck air its the plugs cap.

gimpy

Thank you all for your input
This appears to have been culprit
Fuel filter off Kioti.jpg
This seems to be the culprit

Dieseldoc

Gimpy: Good you found problem, Maintence on fuel filter at least one a year or 300 hours on engine.
Filters are cheap, injector pumps repaired are expense.

Top Bottom