Kids and Grandkids in the shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

After seeing many threads about the title indicated, I thought I would share some thoughts here. I have nine grandkids. Two or them are into sports, baseball now, following in their older brother's cleat prints. He plays minor league ball. When they were growing up, we would keep them after school and throw and hit with them. My "we," I mean my wife and I. That is how we got our exercise! We try to attend as many of their games as possible, either as a travel team or school team. The youngest of the two also likes fishing. Any excuse to go fishing!
My son's kids are more into the domestic scene. I had stated on another post that my grandson likes to work in the shop and had made several pens with very little help from me. His three sisters are learning to sew- my wife has been sewing for years. I'm not going to say how many! I just look dumb. The 8 yo girl told my wife that she wants to make a birdhouse.
Why am I saying this? I feel that we all would agree that, in the future, our kids and grandkids can say, "Remember when Pop-pop helped turn that pen, bowl, etc.?" "Remember when Pop-pop helped me build that birdhouse?" Let's face it, we are leaving a legacy and lots of memories.

Woodchipper

Grandson does make pancakes for Saturday morning. Took over from his Dad. He helps his dad change the oil and tranny fluid when necessary. Let's not rush it- they are only 10 and 8.
Can't stand the Liberty Mutual ad where the two guys can't change a tire. Duh! Read the owner's manual! Before my wife learned to drive, her father took her out to the driveway and had her change a tire- full blown change, off with the tire and on with the spare! Then, reverse the job.

Top Bottom