Keychains

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxwell_smart007

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Craft sale is tomorrow - been making a lot of stoppers, keychains, bowls, and a few pens...

Started taking pictures, but the battery died on Court's camera...will take pictures of it all tomorrow in the booth...

Not sure what to charge, but I guess we'll pick a price and see if they sell! :)

200711174468_DSCF3061.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Good luck with the show. Personally, I wouldn't charge much for the keyrings. Not that you work isn't good, it is fine. But those novelty items are only 24K gold and it wears off very quickly. I have made, used and given away several of those kinds of items. I wouldn't want an expensive item coming back at me looking like junk after the plating wears off. Sell cheap and you might not get as many complaints. That's my tuppence.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, you were right -

Even at 3 bucks, they didn't sell much...dropped them down to 3 after a few hours of no-one looking at them at all...

I wasn't happy with how they turned out anyway, so I'm not upset at that...The secret compartment ones went for 10, and went really quickly, but the plain ol' keyrings didn't move much at all

No big deal = Especially since I made out really, really well on everything else!

Andrew

Rifleman1776

Too bad about that. At $3.00 it isn't even worth the effort. I have made several of the pill bottle keyrings. I use two of them myself and find them very handy. If your not aware, I'm a senior citizen. I keep two days supply of my blood pressure medicine and hearing aid batteries in them. If I'm ever away from home unexpectedly, I'll still have the important meds with me. But, they don't sell well at all. I tried to get $15.00, maybe too much. Oh, well.

exoticwo

Andrew,
I my neck of the woods I get good sales with the following prices: Key chain:$6.00
Hidden compartment, Pill box and Whistle key chains:$13.50 and Hidden compartment w/whistle key chain:$16.00
Somtimes a higher price is a good thing! Seems like the customers feel that if the price is low than the product is not good(IMHO) You really do need to play with the price and move them up and down to find what works in your area, just don't end up working for free.
Good luck at your shows!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Well, I started out at 12 for the hidden compartment, and then when I dropped it to 10, I sold 3...

Started out at 7 for the keychains, and didn't sell a single one until the last hour of the show, when I dropped it to three - didn't want to go home with a ton of keychains!

Top Bottom