Jacob's chuck probs>>>>>

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from follow3

follow3

Hello All,

I recently bought some kits for bottle stoppers and decided to try my luck. The "mandrell" that was speced. for the kits is mounted in a Jacobs chuck, and the blank then turned.

Everything went well for me until it was time to part off the "tail end" and back off the tail stock. As you can immagine, the whole time I was wet sanding the acrylic blank, the chuck was working it's way out of the headstock.

My question: Is there a way to keep the Jacob's chuck from coming out of the headstock when the tail stock is not in use?

Thanks,
Steve

rherrell

Look at the end of your Jacobs chuck. If it has a threaded hole you can screw in a length of round stock ,called a draw bar,long enough to reach the other side of the handwheel, and put on a nut and washer to keep it in place. If you're using the chuck out of your drill press then you'll have a slot shaped end on it. If you still want to be able to use the chuck in the DP then you're out of luck. If not you can grind the end flat and drill and tap it for a draw bar.I THINK!!!

Top Bottom