Key Chain Pen Knife

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bfrazier

bfrazier

I love these kits, and everyone that sees one would like me to make them one... Only problem is that Rockler has discontinued the kit. I drove down to Salem NH to get the last three kits they had a couple of weeks ago, and have called the other stores in my area.
If you are at one of the stores grab this kit for less than 10 bucks on sale. The blade is VERY sharp and hold the edge very well after sharpening. not going to be able to get the blade out in a hurry; however, that is not what it is intended for. It's nice to have a sharp blade handy when you require one.
Good luck in your quest to find these kits.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

This particular one I turned using a nice burl that I had around.
Brian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

That is cool, and the blank looks great. I was at the Portland, ME Rocklers last weekend and didn't see any. Of course, I wasn't particularly looking for them, either.

Regards,
Michael

bfrazier

Thanks Rick... Seems like the tube is smaller on this kit for some reason (the Rockler kit uses a 19/32" bit), however, the photo of the kit look the same. These are a bit more expensive than what I was getting, but like I said everyone like them. I'll probably order one and see what it looks like when I receive it... Thanks again!

I love these kits, and everyone that sees one would like me to make them one... Only problem is that Rockler has discontinued the kit. I drove down to Salem NH to get the last three kits they had a couple of weeks ago, and have called the other stores in my area.
If you are at one of the stores grab this kit for less than 10 bucks on sale. The blade is VERY sharp and hold the edge very well after sharpening. not going to be able to get the blade out in a hurry; however, that is not what it is intended for. It's nice to have a sharp blade handy when you require one.
Good luck in your quest to find these kits.

View in gallery

View in gallery

This particular one I turned using a nice burl that I had around.
Brian
It looks like the blade is spring loaded and illegal in some states

bfrazier

Rick... Thanks again, they had 5 in stock and i got them all (along with the bushings and proper drill bit). I'll have no problem recouping my investment with these. They are a big hit with the hunters here in Vermont. I have special plans for these five I just bought. Seeing that the tube is somewhat smaller, I should be able to get some of my locally found deer antler as the primary material. Then my buddies will be fighting over them. I'll add to the post when they arrive and I complete one in Deer Antler... Thanks to all, once again.
Brian

It looks like the blade is spring loaded and illegal in some states

Actually they're not spring loaded, you have to unscrew one end and extract the blade, reverse it and screw it back into the tube... not something you are going to get out quickly....definitely not a weapon of defense.....:cool:

I haven't made one in years, but they are pretty cool... wish I had kept one of the ones I did make.

Top Bottom