Kauri Group Buy - CLOSED - 2/20 Update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Gerry,

Mine were waiting when I got home today. These blanks are so very much better than the blanks I had previously gotten from Ancient Wood.

Being a lazy sort, I have no idea how much work is involved in running a group buy. Thank you ever so much for taking on this task and doing such a great job!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Got mine today. Thanks as well. Not sure how much of a burden this was, but a very well run group buy that got us some prime stuff. Appreciated all the communication and effort.

oldsmokey

Hi Gerry. Got my blanks today, opened them and I got 10 certificate's and 9 blanks. I guess one got kicked into another pile. Or maybe you have one extra floating around the house.
The nine I have look great. Going to turn some tomorrow.
Ellis

tsharrison

Gerry, I received the blanks today. I can't thank you enough for the opportunity to purchase these blanks. They are much nicer the blanks I have gotten in the past. Thanks again, Tim

Rmartin

Adding my thanks. And as others have said, these seem to be of better quality than ones I've received from them before, not that they sent bad wood, it's just these look like the best of the best Kauri. I can tell by looking at them. The lightest burl blanks always seem to turn out best.

Thanks very much!

CaptG

Gerry, got my blanks today and have one in process now. I will post a picture when I finish it. Thanks so much for your time and effort getting these blanks.

Mikey

Was upset that my blanks didn't come yesterday. Checked the porch at 11pm last night and they were sitting there. (P.O. usually puts these inside the screen door)

Anyway, I am impressed with the literature as well as the certs and grain pattern and my wife thought the stuff was amazing being so old and having such a story.

Thanks for running the buy and dealing with all the orders!

(only wish the certs didn't already have "Pen" written on them.)

gerryr

Almost everyone got all the certificates they needed, but I was short about 65 certificates. Here's the list of people that I think need certificates. If you didn't get them or didn't get enough, please let me know. I will be mailing these on Monday.

ed4copies
George in Winnipeg
grizzlyss
AMD
1080wayne
LanceD
SteveJ72

TheHeretic

Got mine a couple of days ago. But having to remodel my bathroom leaves me no chance for a bit. But I will turn one fairly quickly when I get back into the shop.

Thanks again for arranging this buy. I do love the wood.

Dean
Columbus OH

LanceD

Gerry, they showed up today. Thanks very much. I'm 6 certificates short though. I haven't turned a pen since December but I'm hoping to get one or two of these done this weekend.

twhom

Received my blanks yesterday. Can't wait to get to the shop and let their beauty come through. Thanks Gerry, for putting this group buy together.

Grizzlyss

Hey Gerry, I just received my blanks today. They look really nice, I can now see why they are saying it is like working with Balsa, boy is that stuff ever light. As for the extra certificates, and information sheet, no rush Gerry, I am going to have to learn a lot more before I can even get up the nerve to try it. LOL. Thank you again so much for all your time and effort you put into this group buy, I do appreciate it.

Sheldon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom