June 8th Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
We had planned on having next meeting at Woodcraft. They actually have a corporate gig going the same day as the meeting. So instead on switching dates,MRDUCKS2 has volunteered to host the meetup!

So the next meeting will be June 8th at 10am at Mike's Shop. His address is **deleted by request **. Mikes shop is fairly good size with a lathe and other tools we can use.

We're asking those that come to bring a potluck for lunch. We're gonna do lunch around 12 and then those that want to stay for a little bit can.

We are asking for demo suggestions. Keep in mind, we can learn casting and stabilizing at his shop. Whereas we cannot at Woodcraft.

So chime in on what demos you want to see!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

In Memoriam

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Alas, I'll be trying to not get sun burnt or nitrogen narcosis.

I'll keep following the Indy Chapter mtg list. I will get there eventually.

Have fun!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Alas, I'll be trying to not get sun burnt or nitrogen narcosis.

I'll keep following the Indy Chapter mtg list. I will get there eventually.

Have fun!

I suppose you are permitted a break/ retirement celebration :biggrin:

Have a good time but don't forget to relax occasionally :wink:

It won't be the same without you though. Like an empty stable. :beer:

Fuzzy63

Meeting

Hello, I'm planning on coming. I would like to see decals put onto pen blanks. How to start and finish.
See every one there.
Gary

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Hello, I'm planning on coming. I would like to see decals put onto pen blanks. How to start and finish.
See every one there.
Gary

Decals as in Water slide over top of the blank, or actual labels cast in resin?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Start to finish, takes a couple of days. But, I have some decals already printed. We can do the placing and finishing. Maybe! See you guys there!

EBorraga

In Memoriam
A few weeks out still. We have decided to order Pizza for those that are gonna hang around. So bring a few dollars if you plan on eating. So far we have a few wanting to learn casting and water slide decals. Anything else you may want to see?

Chief TomaToe

Just throwing more ideas out there, but I recently bought tools needed to make kitless pens with #6 JOWO nibs. I can bring that stuff along and we can play around with that too if anyone is interested. I don't know who might be coming that could instruct on this. I also don't know what other tools Mike may have. We might want to save that for another day if our schedule is already full.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Just throwing more ideas out there, but I recently bought tools needed to make kitless pens with #6 JOWO nibs. I can bring that stuff along and we can play around with that too if anyone is interested. I don't know who might be coming that could instruct on this. I also don't know what other tools Mike may have. We might want to save that for another day if our schedule is already full.
I haven't made a Jowo section, but if you want to bring your tools, I have a stick of ebonite. We can do some measuring, and MAYBE figure it out. If there is enough time.

MRDucks2

Yep, this will be up Chuck's alley.

dBrown

I was planning to be there... until my wife reminded me it's our 28th wedding anniversary. Hopefully I'll be there next time!

Top Bottom