Jr Gent II Group Buy (CLOSED-Kits mailed/shipped)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Aug. 22, 2006 Update

All kits were sorted and packed last night and SHIPPED at noon today

I beg you, please let me know when the package reach you so I can check it off as completed.

I've done my share, please do yours too.

Thank you.

================================================================

Aug. 21, 2006 Update

Don't know how and where but UPS found and delivered our 3rd package this morning. Again, they just left it out my porch!!! :( Despite the "signature required" request.

I will finalize packing tonight...and if all kits are here, will most likely ship most orders tomorrow (if not everything). For sure, I will ship all of them by Wednesday...again IF all kits are indeed here.

Thank you for your patience.

=================================================================
Aug. 18, 2006 Update

Seems like our 3rd package is LOST [V].

UPS claims they left it on my porch at around 5:35pm of the 15th. I don't believe it because my wife is always home and waiting for it this whole week. I have also been regularly checking like an expectant father (like every 20 mins or more these past few days) and never found any.

UPS is investigating now and checking if the package was delivered somewhere else (another house).

BTW, package was sent with "signature required" that I specifically requested from Nils...which UPS obviously ignored.

A bigger problem IF the package is indeed lost is that CSUSA is sold out of the kits that are in that one. This will mean cancellation of all kits in it. If this happens, I plan on spreading whatever kits I received and issue refund for the cancelled kits.

UPS told Nils they will back with him but may take up to 8 days. I will give more details later as I learn more.

Sorry for the delay.

Aug. 15, 2006 Update

As I was driving off this morning, I noticed a box by my porch. UPS delivered early and just left a $2,000.00 box of kits and accs by my front door!!! [:0]:(

I am glad no one decided to pick it up or else, they (their insurance) will have to pay for it. If I am a crooked customer...I could claim it never got here.

One more package and we should be all set. I'll start sorting tonight and hopefully...mail out some tomorrow. :)

Aug. 14, 2006 Update

A small portio of the order arrived today:
10 TN Jr Gent FP and
07 TN Jr Gent RB

A UPS truck also came later today and I hurriedly went to meet the driver but she cannot find our package ...they think it was loaded on another truck or something and should arrive tomorrow.

Talk about major disappointment on my part. FYI, there should be 3 packages all in all.

Anyway, I can wait another day...

Aug. 11, 2006 Update

Revised order qty is emailed to Nils.

We had a few cancellations (15 kits total) from 3 participants...one through email, 2 for no response.

Aug. 10, 2006 Update

Ordered the threaded end caps in lieu of tapered for all TN Jr Gent II.

Got informed by Nils that there is a problem they didn't notice. I asked Nils to post it here. The gist is that they don't have Rhodium Jr. Gentlemens 2 Rollerballs. [B)]

Aug. 08, 2006 Update

Nils just informed me that the kits are there. I am hoping they can ship our order tomorrow
Aug. 07 2006 Update

Order was placed this weekend.

Nils advised me today that the kits are still not released by custome. Though they (customs) had a communication that they might release the kits today.

Aug. 04, 2006 Update

Finalizing tally now and order will either be placed/emailed to Nils tonight or tomorrow morning.

Latest news from Nils is that the kits are not yet released.

I will close this Group Buy on August 3, THURSDAY at 8:00 pm central time. Please confirm AND pay your order prior to this cut-off. All unpaid orders by then will be cancelled.

I will not include any other kits so please do not ask...I BEG YOU, YOU DO NOT put me in that awkward position of turning anyone/you down.

Though shipping from CSUSA is free, I will insure the package and will add on the cost per kit (pro-rated).

NOTE: Out of State checks may take longer to clear so I BEG YOU, please send Postal check or money order. I don't want to be mean but I really don't have the money to cover for these kits.

PAYPAL payments. Please add 3.5% to your total (yes including shipping) to cover paypal charges...sorry. To those who elect to pay via paypal, please send me an email so I can send you my paypal username.

SHIPPING:
Will be defaulted to $8.50 via USPS Priority Flat rate box (within USA). It will include tracking and insurance coverage (local insurance is factored in the unit costs).

For smaller orders (less than $100.00) that will fit the USPS flat rate envelope, shipping (within USA) will be $4.50 including tracking and insurance.

International orders will be accomodated but will cost more. Sorry, I cannot give rates since I have no idea. FYI, I will only do USPS shipping and the cheaper means may not be insurable. Order at your own risk...or pay the premium.

I will not be responsible for any loss or damage once the items leave my hands. That is why insurance is there. In the event it is needed, I will assist on any claims as much as I can.

I hope these terms are acceptable to everyone. Thank you :)

For those mailing a check. Please send it to:

Dario Octaviano
PO Box 7070
San Antonio, TX 78207
USA

Please indicate your IAP username on all payments (mailed check or paypal)

The final prices include insurance from CSUSA to me and from me to you. Paypal fee is 3.5% on top of the prices.

Please indicate style and end cap choice (smooth or threaded). Default will be Rollerball with THREADED endcap (OR whatever I may have available) if you don't specify anything.

Item No. == Item Name ==================== ROUNDED Group Buy Price
====================================== Payment by : Mail / Paypal
050-0353 RHODIUM JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL PEN ======$11.20 / $11.59
050-0354 RHODIUM JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN PEN ======= $14.40 / $14.90
050-4151 10K JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL============= $06.50 / $06.73
050-4152 10K JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN PEN =========== $10.50 / $10.87
050-4153 JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL TN ==============$10.10 / $10.45
050-4154 JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN TN =============== $14.50 / $15.01
050-4175 BLACK TN JR GENTLEMENS ROLLERBALL ========== $11.30 / $11.70
050-4176 BLACK TN JR GENTLEMENS FOUNTAIN PEN =========$14.20 / $14.70

850-4151 ACCESSORY KIT FOR JR GENTS/STATESMAN II ====== $18.70 / $19.35
050-4037 BUSHINGS FOR JR GENTLEMENS/STATESMAN II ===== $04.10 / $04.24
050-9159 TUBE SET FOR JR GENTLEMENS/STATESMAN II ======$00.50 / $00.52
192-1250 12.5 MM DRILL BIT ======================== $07.10 / $07.35
075-0103 27/64 INCH DRILL BIT====================== $10.10 / $10.45

NOTE:
If you are wondering why the cost per kit and accs are higher (less than 25% discount)...I factored in the insurance from CSUSA to me and from me to you. I feel it is more fair this way than getting a flat rate shipping.

=======================================================

IF you want to change your order...please do it on a NEW post (avoid editing posted order if possible). I don't want to be reviewing all posts regularly.

==========================================

Nils is expecting the kits to be released from customs this week or next week. That said, it is beyond his control and cannot guarantee availability right away. I am going to accept all orders as they are and hope for the best. Please keep this in mind as you place your order.

According to Nils this is the current stock status...

10k RB: Sold out
10k FN: Smooth is sold out, Threaded is in
TN RB: Sold out
TN FN: Smooth is sold out, Threaded is in
PL RB: Sold out
PL FN: Smooth is sold out, Threaded is in
BL TN RB: In Stock
BL TN FN: In Stock

==========================================
List of participants:

20 Dario
12 OKLAHOMAN - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/24
<s>11</s> 09 PenTurnerJohn - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/24
14 Johnnycnc -PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/25
10 Ukpenmaker - PAID mailed 8/22
<s>09</s> 06 bluesky - PAID mailed 8/22
09 mewell - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/24
05 Gbusardo - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/24
15 elody21 - PAID mailed 8/22
09 tcastel - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/24
09 ncseeker - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/24
08 rgundersen - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/24
05 wood-of-1kind - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/28
09 n4631x - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/26
09 emackrell - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/24
08 Sylvanite - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/25
08 Jerryconn - PAID mailed 8/22
07 Penhead - PAID mailed 8/22
12 Pikebite - PAID mailed 8/22
04 Steve542 - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/24
06 Anonymous ;)- PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/24
20 Anonymous2 ;) - PAID mailed 8/22 - Received 8/23
======================================
213 kits PAID
======================================

Thank you.

OKLAHOMAN

Dario, Put me down for the following:
3-050-0353 Jr.Gents rollerball rhodium threaded end cap===11.20/11.59
2-050-0353 Jr.Gents rollerball rhodium tapered end cap====11.20/11.59
3-050-4175 Jr.Gents rollerball bk/tn threaded end cap=====11.30/11.70
2-050-4175 Jr.Gents rollerball bk/tn tapered end cap======11.30/11.70
2-050-4154 Jr.GentsF/P bk/tn tapered end cap==========14.50/15.01
1-050-4037 bushings============================= 4.10/4.24
1-192-1250 12.5 MM drill bit======================== 7.10/7.35
If my math is correct a total of 158.06 plus 8.50 shipping=$166.56 will Pay pal right now.Thanks Dario. Hope I did this right
PAY PAL SENT

PenTurnerJohn

Dario,
Please put me down for the following Jr Gent II:
1x Accessory kit
3x 10K RB thread end cap
3x Titaniumn RB thread end cap
3x Rhodium RB thread end cap

I'll use paypal; please invoice and let me know your account name.

Thanks,

John
Olathe KS

dozer

Sorry for this question but i'm still a newbie. Do you have a link to where you will be buying the kits so I can see them? I would like to buy a few and try turning something other than slim, euro, and cigar.

Thanks,Mike

easymoney

I've only done slimlines. Dumb question: do I need a mandrell other than my 7mm? If that will work I'll order in another post.

Thanks

Dario

Jim, Email sent.

Guys, I can't invoice until we know what discount we will hit. Looks like we will easily hit 20% though (hope we can get 25%).

I also emailed Nils and need his response on what platings they have available. I want to avoid back orders if at all possible. I will only do back orders IF the buyer agrees to wait and I ship after the back ordered items arrived.

I will keep you all posted.

johnnycnc

Hi,Dario;
Please put me down for following JR GENT II:
5x Rhodium RB tapered
2x Rhodium FP tapered
4x 10K RB tapered
2x BLK TI RB tapered
1x BLK TI FP tapered
2x bushing set
1x 12.5mm drill bit

Payment will be Pay-Pal,let me know total and address.
Thanks for being willing to do this group buy! [:D]
John,
Columbus,IN

rgundersen

If Dario doesnt want to ship overseas I will offer to help out and take care of the international side.

Have to see his response first and go from there.

Dario

Robert,

Thank you for the offer, I just might take you on that. Please let me know if you are serious.

FYI, I have been emailing the international folks individually and got a not so nice response back. I suspect my email was mis-interpreted [V]. If you find the verbatim email below offensive, I apologize...just know that I don't want to imply anything bad.

========================================
Hi,

If you are willing to pay the shipping, yes I will take your order.

Note that there are various options to ship and I won't take responsibility for lost or damaged package if you opt not to insure. Obviously, I highly encourage insured shipping. Just want to make that clear.

Thank you
Dario :)
========================================

Folks, please note that I reply to a lot of emails a day, I sometimes don't have time to compose and re-check my thoughts as perfectly as some may want...so please try to understand.

Regarding discount, I won't know until later this week. Looks like we will hit 20% easy but note that net savings will probbaly be down to 15% after paypal and shipping/insurance costs.

Still waiting for kit availability list from Nils.

Ligget

A better reply to my Email would have been : "Yes the group buy is open to international turners, what do you want to order"?

No offence ment either Dario!

UKpenmaker

HI Dario, NO offence taken here[:)], i am just glad that you are able to do this for us all especially the international guys.
I would like to order the following.

5x Titanium Rollerball tapered end
5x Rhodium Rollerball tapered end
1x Set of bushings

shipping with the insurance please.[:)]

Many thanks
Andy

bluesky

I would like to participate also,

3 - Rhodium (Threaded)
3 - Titanium (Threaded)
3 - Black Titanium (Threaded)
Bushings and Drill Bits

Just Let me know how much and I can pay with Paypal.

Thanks

David

mewell

Me too!,

1 - 050-0353 RHODIUM JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL PEN ======$11.20 / $11.59 (TAPERED)
2 - 050-0354 RHODIUM JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN PEN ======= $14.40 / $14.90 (THREADED)
1 - 050-4151 10K JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL============= $06.50 / $06.73 (TAPERED)
2 - 050-4152 10K JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN PEN =========== $10.50 / $10.87 (THREADED)
1 - 050-4153 JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL TN ==============$10.10 / $10.45 (TAPERED)
2 - 050-4154 JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN TN =============== $14.50 / $15.01 (THREADED)
1 - 850-4151 ACCESSORY KIT FOR JR GENTS/STATESMAN II ====== $18.70 / $19.35

Thanks,
Mark

Dario

Mark,

All US packages will be insured...it will actually be factored in the unit cost...so you won't have a choice LOL [;)][}:)]

Dario

Nolan,

I tell you this is a tough GROUP to crack!!! LOL

I tasked my wife to remind me to NEVER do this again and she did her job....but I still did this [B)][xx(][V]

As soon as Nils give me the list and I verify the unit costs, I will start sending invoices. Could be as soon as tomorrow.

rtjw

Dario. I have thought about getting some Jr gent II's. But am I reading right, that the order wont be made until NEXT April. As in 2007 April.

Ron Mc

Dario,
What are you looking for? Do we need someone to volunteer to separate and ship all over seas orders? If so I would be more than happy to do it.[:D]
As Dario said orders will be insured and if Dario would like me to do it I will notify you of final shipping cost for payment on addition shipping fees that may incur.
Not a problem. I have shipped many pens over seas and know the drill.

Dario

Originally posted by rtjw
<br />Dario. I have thought about getting some Jr gent II's. But am I reading right, that the order wont be made until NEXT April. As in 2007 April.

Johnny,

My error...I just cut and paste from my old group buy [V][xx(]. I will correct it now.

ORDER will be placed this Friday (August 4, 2006)

Dario

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Dario,
What are you looking for? Do we need someone to volunteer to separate and ship all over seas orders? If so I would be more than happy to do it.[:D]
As Dario said orders will be insured and if Dario would like me to do it I will notify you of final shipping cost for payment on addition shipping fees that may incur.
Not a problem. I have shipped many pens over seas and know the drill.

Thanks Ron,

If you can give me pointers say cost to ship 10 kits to UK I'll do it. There are only a few anyway. Doublehandling will just complicate things and eat up the savings.

I know there is an international flat rate envelope but not sure how much it is to UK...also if I am not mistaken, it is not insurable.

Thanks again!

Re: when, as soon as I got the prices, probably tomorrow. I just noticed that CSUSA kits went up an average of $1.00 each since my last group buy...that is why I deleted all the posted prices that was part of the cut and paste [;)].

Ron Mc

Dario,
Now that you mention it I believe you are right in regards to insurance going to the UK. I believe Japan is another that cannot be insured.
I'll pull my shipping costs and e-mail them to you.

GBusardo

Hi Dario
Can I please order
4 of 050-4151 10K JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL Threaded
1 of 050-0353 RHODIUM JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL Threaded
1 Set of bushings
Thanks, let me know how much I owe and I will send out a money order immediately.
I think that is the quickest way to get you the money.
Thanks
Gary

rgundersen

Dario,

Yes I was serious about doing the reship to overseas participants.

Sorry for the delay in posting but been on airplanes all day.

Would like to help out in general since I have been able to take advantage of group buy pricing, and like other group involved hobbies I dont want to see a small group of people having to do a great amount of the work, or at least I want to be involved in helping to do some of the work anyway.

The extra shipping might eat a little of the cost but I just figured I would roll any international orders into my order and then roll forward. Kind of a mini group in the bigger group as it were.

-Robert

Dario

Robert,

Lets check if they (international folks) are willing to go that route. If I understand you right, you will consolidate your order with theirs and they will deal with you instead of me.

If you will place an order too, the shipping cost shouldn't be impacted much.

Hope they will chime in...otherwise, I will have to handle theirs separately.

Thanks for the offer to help either way. I do appreciate it.[:)]

rgundersen

I plan on placing an order also, waiting to see availability, so shipping impact should be minimal.

Glad to offer, new to things in general here but am enjoying the site greatly.

elody21

Dario,
I would like to order
5- Titanium Gold Rollerballs
5- Black Titanium Rollerballs
5-10k Gold Rollerballs
1-12.5 drill bit

Thanks Alice

GBusardo

Hi Dario
Can I please order (I hope I did this right)

4 of 050-4151 10K JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL Threaded 26.00
1 of 050-0353 RHODIUM JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL Threaded 11.20
1 Set of bushings 4.10
shipping 4.50
------
Total 45.80

I will put a money order in the mail today.
Thanks
Gary

mewell

Now that I've read the instructions [:0], here is a NEW note in addition to the edited one [:p]

Me too!,

1 - 050-0353 RHODIUM JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL PEN ======$11.20 / $11.59 (TAPERED)
2 - 050-0354 RHODIUM JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN PEN ======= $14.40 / $14.90 (THREADED)
1 - 050-4151 10K JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL============= $06.50 / $06.73 (TAPERED)
2 - 050-4152 10K JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN PEN =========== $10.50 / $10.87 (THREADED)
1 - 050-4153 JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL TN ==============$10.10 / $10.45 (TAPERED)
2 - 050-4154 JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN TN =============== $14.50 / $15.01 (THREADED)
1 - 850-4151 ACCESSORY KIT FOR JR GENTS/STATESMAN II ====== $18.70 / $19.35

Thanks,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom