Jet mini chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

tipusnr

Does anyone know if any of the standard pipe flanges are threaded to fit on a JET mini? I saw a lot of customize friction jigs used at last night's woodturner's meetings and don't want to spend the money on plate's to attach them to nor do I was to be screwing and unscrewing these things to a reusable plate.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

No pipe sizes are a little strange and none I know of are any where near the necessary size. You can buy standard 1 x 8 tpi nuts in most hardware stores or invest in a 1x 8 tpi tap to make homemade fixtures.

http://www.wbnoble.com/
Check out this link for homemade faceplates meant to be used as fixtures they are pretty cheap. I have not bought from him though so I do not make any recomendations. They are basically just nuts welded to large diameter washers.

Dario

I tried that about 2 years ago and never did find any that fits. I did find (and bought) 2 well made faceplate from ebay at a very reasonable price. If I ever find the seller (but doubtful), I'll let you know.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
HAve you looked at Grizzly?
IIRC they had some face plates pretty cheap.
I bought the 1x8 tap for a wooden collet chuck when I first started making casing pens.It was really easy to make a face plate with it.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by cozee
<br />Pipe threads are tapered so they will swedge together for sealing purposes.

What would happen if you chased a pipe flange(which aren't cheap to begin with) With a 1x8" tap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom