Introducing a new name not a new member

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brookswife803

This is the poster formerly known as elizabethdrinkard on here. Figured since I've married Brooks803 and legally changed my real name maybe it was time to officially change change my name on here.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
This is the poster formerly known as elizabethdrinkard on here. Figured since I've married Brooks803 and legally changed my real name maybe it was time to officially change change my name on here.

Would probably have been quicker to PM me and ask to change your member name! Would you like me to merge your other account into this one? That saves your post count, join date, etc.

Glad to meet you Elizabeth. Just met Jonathan a few weeks ago when he did some TN Vol blanks for me. He is a true artist with those blanks and turns a mean pen also. Do you do turning and/or blanks?

brookswife803

Hey Jeff, I didn't know that was even possible. Yes please do.
Russell, I plan on attending the June meeting with the hubby. :)
Richard, I turn and cast some but don't post often. Turning and casting is Jonathons obsession and just a fun hobby for me. My horses are my obsession and a hobby for the hubby. We both venture into each others interests while still staying true to our own... plus Jonathon is a hard act to follow on here but then again he'd have a hard time riding a 4th level Dressage test on my Hanoverian mare. :)

brookswife803

Hey Ed, heard an interesting story about you, a horse, and a 7+ foot fence! Highest I've ever been was 6'3" in the open jumpers class. The old buckskin didn't miss a beat but I about lost my bearings in the air that long.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I was not a "pretty" rider, Shea! My job was to convince the horse it was less painful to go OVER, than it was to Stop or go around!! After 27 refusals, "Crickett" (a 16-3 thoroughbred) went OVER --7'4". CLEAN! We went back and measured it after cooling him. Quite a memory.

Last edited:

brookswife803

Ha! I wasn't a very pretty show jumper either. Still not always pretty during a Dressage test. :) Amazing jump I have to say!

hewunch

Don't let her fool you folks. She can hold her own when it comes to turning. They both had the same great, and modest, teacher. :biggrin:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Done!

Hey Jeff, I didn't know that was even possible. Yes please do.
Russell, I plan on attending the June meeting with the hubby. :)
Richard, I turn and cast some but don't post often. Turning and casting is Jonathons obsession and just a fun hobby for me. My horses are my obsession and a hobby for the hubby. We both venture into each others interests while still staying true to our own... plus Jonathon is a hard act to follow on here but then again he'd have a hard time riding a 4th level Dressage test on my Hanoverian mare. :)

PaulDoug

You waited to see how his casting pens turned out before taking the step, right? I agree they are worth a name change and stepping up!:biggrin::wink:

Brooks803

Don't let her fool you folks. She can hold her own when it comes to turning. They both had the same great, and modest, teacher. :biggrin:

HA! :tongue::biggrin:

Shea,
I'm glad your not lurking in the background anymore. Hans did have atleast 1 thing right, she can hold her own....in sooo many ways :beat-up: Welcome back babe :biggrin:

Atherton Pens

Welcome from Georgia. I'm not sure how many "out-of-staters" we can accommodate at the Georgia IAP meetings, but I'm sure you will be welcome. Please bring some ofyour pens when you come.

hewunch

HA! :tongue::biggrin:

Shea,
I'm glad your not lurking in the background anymore. Hans did have atleast 1 thing right, she can hold her own....in sooo many ways :beat-up: Welcome back babe :biggrin:

I thought you would get a kick out of that. :biggrin:

brookswife803

Yep, married him only for the cool blanks! :) I've always been on here just lurking and I don't make S many or as nice a pens as the hubby so I don't post them often. Guess I need to kick him out of the shop more often. :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yep, married him only for the cool blanks! :) I've always been on here just lurking and I don't make S many or as nice a pens as the hubby so I don't post them often. Guess I need to kick him out of the shop more often. :)

Does this mean I get a new lathe? :biggrin:

Uh, Johnaton...........................
I read it to mean she gets MORE TIME on YOUR lathe....... that would be "your" plural as opposed to when it was "your" singular.

More pouring time:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BSea

Does this mean I get a new lathe? :biggrin:
Didn't we just go over this in a PM the other day. I'd post what you wrote, but I figure if you wanted brookswife803 to know, you'd tell her yourself.:wink:

BTW, what happened to brookswife001 through brookswife802? :confused:

Just kidding :biggrin:

Welcome . . . . . . or welcome back bw803.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
That was my thought, that he had a new wife or a second one the first one didnt know about.:cool:

brookswife803

Ha! There will be NO PINK in this house. Can't stand the color. I'm a total tomboy and have always hated pink. Oh! And for the record its my lathe that Jonathon gets to use until we buy a new one and then he can have this one. :) j/k but we have discussed having two lathes at some point though I think we'll be buying more molds first. :)

brookswife803

By the way this last post though true in its entity should be read as if I'm smiling and having fun the whole time. Just realized it could read a bit b?*#@y.

Top Bottom