Interesting day at work yesterday!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I got to see first hand what razor wire does to a person trying to climb it.:beat-up: Can you say lots of stitches.:doctor: Can't say much more other then that this was a first for our prison since it opened 10 years ago and the guy survived. Our prison is like a walk in the park and yet this guy still tried to escape. All he got for his troubles was a lot of cool scars and 5 more years added on to his sentence and a transfer to a celled environment.:) Never a dull day in prison unless you're a dentist (right, Cav?)!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leaycraft

The learning curve is bell shaped. Obviously he is on the low end. Razor Tape works real well, but is he were really smart he would not have found himself incarcerated- or looked for a way that avoids sharp items.
john

rjwolfe3

I'm really not sure why he was locked up other then the obvious that he broke the law but I know it was something minor. Around here they lock people up for some of the dumbest things rather then use other options that are available at a cheaper cost. Keep in mind that I work in a medium security dormitory style prison. Meaning no cells and an open yard with 2500 inmates in it at one time with 4 corrections officers watching them. Yes, we are overcrowded just like all the other prisons in this wonderful country of ours.

I do know that he was about to go before a judge to try to get out early and I can't say the reason why he tried to go over the fence because this is a family site. But let's just say he was trying to prevent what people warn you about when you go to prison. He figured it was that or the fence and I guess razor wire hurt less?!

I am just amazed that this was the first attempt in 10 years. He's lucky he didn't get shot. We have to wait till they start climbing the second fence before we can shoot. I don't think he wanted to mess with the 7 strands of razor wire on the second fence though, lol.

Wheaties

Wow, that's medium security? Two fences (that you can't get past the first) and then if you do, you get shot! :eek:

Holy smokes! I, like JohnU, have always wondered about the effectiveness of that stuff. Not to say I ever doubted it, just wondered HOW well it works. Apparently, REAL well.

jasonbowman

When I was with the DA's office, we had a guy we convicted for murder actually escape through seven layers of concertina wire (we got him back a few days later after he almost bled to death on his girlfriend's couch). It was simply amazing what that stuff did to him (although the two life sentences consecutive with an extra year tacked on for shooting the dog was more of an incentive for him to get out).

Jgrden

frocket gun.gifIn San Luis Obispo, at the men's correctional facility, a prisoner tried to escape. The guards told him to stop, he didn't, they shot and he died. I don't think he even got to the wire. Why did I bring this up??.....darned if I know. Your point was what razor wire does to a person. it seems like the first fence would have cut him pretty badly. Maybe he thought the cuts wouild only be so deep and he could survive??

Top Bottom