? about AAW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I joined about 6 weeks ago and clicked that I wanted the issues of the magazine for this year rather then starting my subscription next January. But I haven't received anything from them at all by email or mail. The money came off my credit card ok so I know it's paid.

My question is - am I supposed to receive anything in the mail, like maybe a welcome packet or something?:confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Boomer

I never received anything like a welcome packet when I joined the AAW. It just took me some time to get my membership started. I finally called the AAW and talked to the lady that answered the phone and she checked on my membership for me. She got things going. But I do call every year and just renew over the phone to make sure I am renewed. Just the way I like to do it.

YoYoSpin

The AW Journal is delivered quarterly - next one (Fall issue) is due out in late August or early September. You can log-on to the AAW's online members area to check on your account by clicking here, or contact the head office directly:

American Association of Woodturners
222 Landmark Center
75 West Fifth St.
St. Paul, MN 55102
651-484-9094
651-484-1724 (fax)

email: [EMAIL="inquiries@woodturner.org"]AAW Inquiries[/EMAIL]

rjwolfe3

So you don't get a membership card or a welcome letter or even an email from them explaining the benefits of being a member? I'm not even sure I got a receipt saying that they had received my money.

YoYoSpin

Membership cards are included with the annual Resource Directory (phone book) shipment, usually delivered in March or April. If you want a membership card sooner, get in touch with the head office (see earlier post), and I'm sure they will help you out.

As for benefits, there are many, all of which are listed here. BTW, in my personal case, the AAW sponsored health insurance program saved me enough money the first year to pay my AAW dues for the next 70 years - that's a true story!

KenV

Remember when you call that your need to translate Minnesotan -- Ya, Sure, Ubetcha,

Listening to Prarie Home Companion helps -- Lake Woebegone is just up the road from the AAW Offices (and I have a brother who lives in MPLS and I give him the same spiel).

JerrySambrook

The folks have just finished up with the annual symposium, so they had a few weeks that they were busy with club business. They are now also contact some of us in the northeast about next years as well, while topics are fresh on their mind.
There should be a nice intro package, and seeing that the next issue mailing is in a couple of weeks, then you will probably get it all together.

If you still have an issue at the end of the month, pm me, and I will try to help as best I can

Jerry

Jgrden

Say, I almost joined, once I found out it was not the Automobile Automatic Workers Union, but for forty five dollars I need to know that some of their material pertains to pen making. What has your experience been?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The next issue will have a penturning related article by Russ Fairfield and the "members' gallery" will feature pens from several pen making AAW members. The Annual Meeting has also had penturning sessions for the past three years. Overal, progress is being made!

Top Bottom