Inlace Acrylester blank Group Buy - CLOSED -

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
10/17
All the blanks have shipped. If you received a blank with a rubberband around it, PM which blank it is.

10/15
Got 19 more boxed up and ready to go out tomorrow. Still have 2 more to do plus the international orders. They should be ready tomorrow.

10/11/06
Got all the orders boxed and ready to go. The first 4 orders placed will go out tomorrow. I ran out of the Flat Rate Priority Envelopes, thought I had more. I'll pick up more tomorrow at the PO when I mail these.

10/09/06 UPDATE - BLANK ARE IN
The blanks were here today when I got home today, all 601 of them. Two boxes, one weighing 61 pounds and the other weighing 39 pounds.
I'll work on getting them boxed up over the next few days and hope to have them all shipped out by the end of this week.

Here's what 601 blanks look like:
2006101003815_Inlace%20005.jpg

Here's the breakdown on the number of each blank ordered:

200610100579_Inlace%20summary.jpg

10/04/06; 4:45PM central Time: UPDATE
OK. Just talked to Fritz, the blanks are being shipped to me today. I should have them the first of next week.
Here’s the final breakdown on the blanks. First of the actual shipping of the blanks from Woodturningz to me worked out to be $0.09 each, not the $0.13 each that Fritz and I estimated. Second, since the final order was for 601 blanks, Ryan discounted them another nickel to $2.20 each. Therefore, I owe everyone $0.09 per blank that they ordered. If no one has any objections, after I keep a small amount for my paper and ink, I will send donations to the two sites I had this buy posted on.

10/01/06; 6:10PM central Time: UPDATE
The Inlace Acrylester Buy is now closed.

9/28/06 UPDATE
Hey guys and gals, so far we have over 500 blanks on order. Below is a list of who I have that has placed an order, the number of blanks and payment status. I still need an email address from bca1313 so I can sent the PayPal Invoice. If I don't hear from you by Friday morning I will cancel your order as I need the money in my account to pay for the blanks. Turff49, I have your payment, just missed it in the summary.

9/27/06 UPDATE
As of about 9AM CST, this is a summary of who has ordered, the number of blanks and payment status. Please double check the invoice I sent you for any errors. If any are found, let me know before noon tomorrow, as I plan on placing the order sometime tomorrow afternoon.

9/23/06-UPDATE
Below is the list as of 5:45PM CST. If you have not received an email or PayPal Request from me, please contact me.

9/22/06 @12:20PM CST:
Here's what I have so far. Please check what I have listed for you and email me if there is an error. Emails and PayPal for payment will start going out tonight.
EDIT 8:40PM CST:
Looks like there is enough intrest to order at least 100 blanks for a buy. Shoot me an email with your order and if you want to pay by check or PayPal and I'll send you an invoice for the total.
Let's run this till 9PM central time on Thursday Sept 28 and I'll place the order on Friday the 29th.
****To everyone, please indicate if you want insurance. If you don't, I will assume you do not want insurance.****

**********************************************************************************
I thought I would see if there is enough interest in a group buy of the Inlace Acrylester blanks from WoodTurningz. You can see the blanks here http://woodturningz.com/InlaceAcrylesterPenBlanks.aspx
The cost per blank would be $2.38 each. This price includes the shipping of the order to me. There will be an additional charge of 3.8% for the PayPal fee and for shipping from me to you plus insurance if you want it. I should be able to ship up to 24 blanks for $4.05. More than 24 would be $8.10.
Post your order below and if/when we hit the 100 blank mark, I’ll send out PayPal invoices.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mannie,

I have not used inlace poly since Ryan took it over from CSUSA. Ryan has dramatically increased the number of colors, so he obviously is sourcing/making the product himself-so I am CERTAINLY willing to be updated on this information.

IF this formula has not changed, Inlace polyester is NOT EASY to turn. The old sharp tools and light cuts routine is VITAL. So, those who order, don't blame Mannie if it "doesn't turn right". If you have trouble getting to 100 blanks, let me know and I will buy a bunch (50 or so) to attone for the sin of posting this. Honestly, this is for your protection.

AGAIN, if someone has used this since Woodturningz has taken it over and can say I am WRONG- GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ready to stand corrected.[:D][:D]

jkoehler

I have used the inlace from Woodturningz.
you are correct that you need sharp tools and a light touch.
but, in my opinion, the results are well worth it.
my biggest recommendation when using inlace is to not get in a hurry.
also. paint the tubes. it is better to be safe than sorry.
I'd be ordering some if i didnt already have a stock of them.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That's no excuse, Jeff, I have about 200 in stock, but will order additional colors if you guys need it to make the order!!!

jthompson1995

Monty, I'll have to check finances, but I might want some.

And for anyone who is new and/or hasn't turned inlace yet, I encourage you to give it a try. I went against all recommendations for a new turner and turned a inlace as the second plastic I tried (the first was corian, doesn't compare) and turned it successfully. You just need to go slow and sharpen your tools frequently (it works [;)]). A sharp skew is your friend with this stuff. Plus, this is a great chance to get them cheaper so you don't lose as much if they do blow up.[:D]

alamocdc

I've turned quite a bit of it (all since Ryan took it over), and agree with Ed. Every now and then, I get a blank that surprises me and turns easily. But it is considerably different than most other synthetic I've tried... except for one batch of my BPR (I used too much catalyst).[:0]

Oops... Mannie, I might be interested in some of the newer colors. I'll keep checking this and help make up the #s you need.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by jkoehler
<br />well.Ed.
thanks for putting me on the spot. :)
well. i guess i will help out if needed as well.
pens made with the inlace have been good sellers for me.

Didn't mean to put you on the spot. Sounds like we have enough brave souls that this will come together. But, the pens DO sell well, even though I price them higher than my normal acrylics to accomodate the extra time it takes to turn them!! So, I really don't mind having a fairly large stock of them, going into Christmas season (coming out of the season, I would like to have an appropriately SMALL inventory)[;)][;)]

TBone

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Tommy,

Should work pretty well. All my "oops" rings have stayed on!! [:0][:0][:0][:0]

Great, I need to put together some of that Crushed Yellow and Deep Purple to see if I can come up with a Pirate Pen

Thanks Ed

lwalden

I'll take two each of the PBIA01,PBIA04,PBIA08,PBIA21,PBIA23,PBIA24,PBIA29,PBIA47, and PBIA51.- should be 18 blanks. Thanks for doing this. paypal request for the total to lwalden@tibsite.com. Thanks

emackrell

I'm in on this one for about 20 blanks... details to follow.

For those who haven't played with this stuff yet it is great... lots of good colors and easy to turn as long as your tools are sharp. In fact I've had MUCH better results (or luck) with a very sharp skew chisel than with any scrapers or gouges.

Cheers Eileen [8D]

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Tommy,
Please indicate if you want insurance on your order.
To everyone, please do likewise or I will assume you do not want insurance.

tas2181

Monty,
Include me in the Inlace Acrylester blanks group buy.
I would like 1 each of the 02,04,07,08,21,24,37,&47 and 2 of the #49 for a total of 10.
Thanks for doing this. (include Ins)

Tom(tas2181)

jjenk02

Originally posted by jjenk02
<br />I will take 24, I can do paypal, but I prefer to send a check if possiable.[8D]
Here are my choices (5) PBIA06, (5) PBIA11, (5) PBIA26, (5) PBIA51, and (4) PBIA63.

As I said before I can do PAYPAL but I prefer to pay by check. If you can take a check I will get it out to you today, or as soon as I get an answer from you, and by my math the check would be for $61.17 with no insurance[?][?][?]

Fangar

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Mannie,

I have not used inlace poly since Ryan took it over from CSUSA. Ryan has dramatically increased the number of colors, so he obviously is sourcing/making the product himself-so I am CERTAINLY willing to be updated on this information.

IF this formula has not changed, Inlace polyester is NOT EASY to turn. The old sharp tools and light cuts routine is VITAL. So, those who order, don't blame Mannie if it "doesn't turn right". If you have trouble getting to 100 blanks, let me know and I will buy a bunch (50 or so) to attone for the sin of posting this. Honestly, this is for your protection.

AGAIN, if someone has used this since Woodturningz has taken it over and can say I am WRONG- GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ready to stand corrected.[:D][:D]

I could't agree more. This stuff is quite different than most other synthetics (Much like home poured PR). The colors are also quite different than they appear on the site. That being said, I am sure that some will like it. I didn't

Fangar

jtate

I'll tyake the following (with no insurance and paying by PayPal):
1 - color 37
1 - color 24
1 - color 23
2 - color 21
1 - color 19
2 - color 14
1 - color 13
2 - color 05
1 - color 02

JuliaTate@comcast.net

fritzmccorkle

Ed is forgiven and not wrong. inlace in my opinion is not the easiest form of acrylic to turn, but is the prettiest. Ryan has worked on the formulation and we feel it is less brittle than before, but it's still more brittle than most acrylics. it's similar in working properties to the micaswirl and micapearl blanks. The first acrylic i ever turned was an acrylester years ago before we made it and i made a beautiful pen. there are some other blanks that would be easier to start on than acrylester, but if you're shy of turning one now buy them while they're at the low price and save them until you get more practice because they really are gorgeous.

Thumbs

Fritz, you are quite the salesman! I'm surprised you didn't mention the new complete Micromesh pad set, which should go along so well with this group buy![}:)][:p]

Woodlvr

I'm gonna get scalped over this one but here goes, who wants to live forever anyway?
#2 - 2
#17 - 1
#24 - 2
#25 - 2
#26 - 1
#29 - 1
#30 - 2 Thanks. Should be 12 total. I will Paypal also. Mike
#37 - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom