Any interest in a group buy on bandsaw blades?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I don't think I have ever seen a group buy on bandsaw blades and have never done a group by so maybe there is a reason! Suffolk Machinery, the makers of Timberwolf bandsaw blades, offers some pretty good quantity discounts that might make it worthwile to do a group buy with them. The breakdown is like this:

10-19 blades 15% discount
20-29 blades 25% disc.
30+ blades 30% disc.

For a 1/2 AS series blade that will fit my bandsaw it would be $19.96 with no discount, $16.96 at first level, $14.97 second level, and $13.97 for the 3rd level. All orders over $75 ship free so the shipping would not be a concern from them. I also think a number of blades could fit in the $8.05 flate rate box.

What do you all think? Would it be something to try?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tea Clipper

Great idea Curtis! I'd be in for two as well. I hope they allow 'mix and match' for the quantity discount, I have a feeling theres going to be a lot of different sizes needed.

Dario

Good idea Curtis!

I will check how many I have left but I might order a couple also. I can pick up both mine and Ben (bca1313) too. [:D]

its_virgil

I was just getting ready to order my usual order of 4...I'm in if it will happen soon....in the next week to 10 days.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Dario
<br />Good idea Curtis!

I will check how many I have left but I might order a couple also. I can pick up both mine and Ben (bca1313) too. [:D]

alparent

I need 59 1/2" also. Depending on price and shipping, I would go for a couple also.

I stile have the original blade on my bandsaw. What would be the best one to buy? I mainly cut blanks, resaw planks into blanks. I like to use hard woods (ebony, ironwood, etc).

Any suggestions?

Snazzypens

do they do real small bandsaw blades...like for the GMC bandsaws because we can't get the blades at the moment and my father in law and I are both in need
Toni

Randy_

Originally posted by aussie_chick
<br />do they do real small bandsaw blades...like for the GMC bandsaws because we can't get the blades at the moment and my father in law and I are both in need. Toni

I expect that Suffolk Machinery can make up almost any size blade; but it might be a good idea to mention exactly what size you need just to be sure.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
OK, it looks like we have enough interest to get the best discount! I will contact Suffolk to make absolutely sure they allow mix and match. I know they allow it for clubs because my AAW Chapter did a group buy.

As soon as I hear back from them I will post a new message with all the details. Thanks for the interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom