Infills for segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Have been looking for thin infills like .015 thickness for three layer infills inserts. Found alpha Knife Supply has that material which comes in lot of colors. Made of fiber glass an epoxy. Place order and make pens.

Got my order and built wood blank pen and it turned out very nice. Tried making pen with Acrylic blank and had problem holding infill on the. Acrylic. Found when cutting on band saw some material it toasted my new 3/16-8TPI blade.

So now I find another problem other that glue up and it is cutting this material. Alpha knife says ,have to use a diamond material cutting device and only epoxy that will hold is. G-flex sold by West systems.

Just heads up on what I found.

Cheers

Charlie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Charlie, is this the G-10 material sold by Alpha Knife Supply ?

I did a search and found some info about it. . Others might be interested as well. .

This Wikipedia article is especially helpful I think ...

Mal:
Good info but still did not give what type of cutting device needed. also did not say about the testing that Alpha knife did with epoxy. I suggest to Alpha that this info should be noted on the web site.

At lease I know now, got a 4 inch 1/2 arbor dry diamond
cutting blade coming for Byrnes saw and epoxy from west system.

This whole thing is what happen when you play around with stuff near a rabbit hole!!!!!

Humongous

I work in the electronics industry and the vast majority of printed circuit boards are made of some variant of G10. It is a laminate of fiberglass cloth and resin. You wouldn't think it but it is extremely abrasive and can eat up a band saw blade in short order. When we separate the boards from the runners we use a shear cutter or routing machine. Also since it's fiberglass wear a mask etc... when machining.

Dieseldoc

Was able to resolve the cutting problems with the G10, used diamond blade to cut infills and for band saw use a bi-metal blade as suggested by
Timberwolf tech dept.
Blank is Olive infill are three ply G-10 epoxy System Three T-88. Teamed up with PSI Celtic Twist.
IMG_3221.jpg
IMG_3226.jpg

KenB band saw jig and his three ply design, Thanks KenB for sharing.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Was able to resolve the cutting problems with the G10, used diamond blade to cut infills and for band saw use a bi-metal blade as suggested by
Timberwolf tech dept.
Blank is Olive infill are three ply G-10 epoxy System Three T-88. Teamed up with PSI Celtic Twist.View attachment 243450View attachment 243451
KenB band saw jig and his three ply design, Thanks KenB for sharing.

Oh My! That is beautiful. 👍 👍 👍

Top Bottom