Imported to Alabama

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

esears

I've been lurking here for a while and decided to finally introduce myself. I'm an active duty Soldier stationed at Redstone Arsenal (Huntsville), AL. When I got here I started volunteering at the crafts center here and quickly got introduced to woodturning. Needless to say, about 6 weeks later and 500$, I'm the proud owner of a new addiction along with the required lathe. Once I started giving things to my wife, she happily supports me..well at least to a certain extent.

Eric

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AKBeaver

Welcome Eric,
I am almost in the same boat. Active Duty in Portsmouth, VA. Over the last 6-8 months have about $1500 invested in new equipmnet. The Wife is happy with what I make for her, so she had no problem with buying new machinery. You will be suprised at the custom orders you will get once folks you work with see them.

Dave

mick

Welcome Eric, I'm just down the road from you in Decatur. I'm currently building a larger shop and once I've got it in some semblance of order you'll have to come visit!
Mike

Last edited:

skywizzard

Welcome Eric, I'm next door in GA. We could certainly be spending our time in much less productive pursuits. I too thank you for your service.

THarvey

Eric,

Welcome to the addiction and welcome to Alabama.

I am a few miles south of you in Anniston. Redstone uses the Anniston Army Depot for many of their projects. If you find yourself in the area, give me a shout.

BTW: Don't know how long you have been lurking around, but I will give you a warning just in case you don't already know. :biggrin: Don't kid Dion about his dog. :biggrin: {whisper} He's a little sensitive. :crying: {end whisper}

Tim

ngeb528

Hi Eric. We're glad you finally decided to come out of the shadows. This is a great group of people. I think you'll enjoy it here.

keithlong

Hey Eric,
Welcome to this site. I am a newbie mysefl. Just got my lathe and set it up this week. i have already made a few pens and one pencil. OH, i am in Limestone County about 20 minutes west of Huntsville. Maybe we can get together later and chat. Thanks for your dedication and service that you do for us all.

Tn-Steve

Welcome from up I-65 from you, I'm in the Nashville Area (actually Clarksville, home of Ft. Campbell). Spent many many years wearing the green myself, aren't Morale Support Craft Shops great?

Welcome to the addiction, and a hearty "HOOAH" to ya.

Steve

Top Bottom