Illstreet composites

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qballizhere

I figured that I would give them a try since several people highly recommend them. I ordered wed morning paid with a cc and they said it would ship friday. Well friday came and gone nothing. So I called them this morning to see if it is going to be shipped.

They said it is not ready to ship but I didnt pay them enough and I owe $65 more before it was shipped later on in the week. I had already paid $189 for 5 gallons. So the price for 5 gallons of silmar shipped is $245?

When I wanted an explanation of the additional charges they told me that is the price and I can pay it or not. It didnt matter to them. Need less to say I canceled the order and will go elsewhere.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I haven't had that happen, and normally they are a little below the price from US Composites. However, I used a new bottle of MEKP from them recently, and my blanks never did cure after an hour in the mold, so I just poured it out. This has been documented before, but I know others have had good luck with their MEKP. To be fair, it might have just been a bad batch of MEKP. My bottle came about the same time that the other case was documented.

And I also agree that shipping can be slow from them. I've made 2 orders to them, and both times I called after more than a week to find out the shipping status. Both times it had just shipped, and they supplied tracking info at the time of the call. So I was told the truth on the calls, but I wondered why I never received an e-mail that the order was shipped, and why it took over a week from the time of the order to ship.

Brooks803

I deal with Illstreet all the time. I couldn't tell you anything about their shipping bc I live 2hrs away and go pick it up since I buy multiple 5gal buckets at a time. From what I gathered in my talks with the owner is that they don't keep much silmar on hand and have to wait for deliveries of 55gal containers to break down customer orders. Sometimes they don't get it in when they think they will so that could be reason for the delays. As far as what you experienced when you called, I don't blame you for going elsewhere. Customer service should be #1 no matter what.

Edit: Phil did make a good point. The hazmat doesn't get put on automatically. Why, I don't know and it should be fixed. As for your total being so much for only buying a single 5gal bucket. If I remember right it should be $5 or $10 less than UScomposites total. $265 is way too much and something had to have been screwed up on their end. No excusing them at all, but just trying to understand how it came out to that much. If you do want to try them again, call and ask to talk with Chris. He's the owner and might be able to help you out. He's always been nice when I've talked with him.

Last edited:

cosborne

Chris here from illstreet. Took a couple days to get authorized to post or I would have replied sooner. The cost of the 5 gallon should be $143 and the hazmat should be $25. Anyhow, PM me your name and info and I'll be glad to check into it for you. We have a new person running the front desk that may have made a mistake. We'll make sure it's taken care of as soon as possible.

PenMan1

$189 will get 5 gallons to my door Wednesday morning if I order on Monday morning. I did order from USC on Tueday afternoon 7-24-2012. I got UPS notification that my resin will be here tomorrow 7-27-2012.

I won't be messing around with that relationship trying to save $5.

Respectfully submitted.

cosborne

$189 will get 5 gallons to my door Wednesday morning if I order on Monday morning. I did order from USC on Tueday afternoon 7-24-2012. I got UPS notification that my resin will be here tomorrow 7-27-2012.

I won't be messing around with that relationship trying to save $5.

Respectfully submitted.

I totally understand not wanting to mess with an existing relationship and I'm not here to try to take business from USC. I'm just trying to help out one of our customers that had some trouble but please do know that in addition to that $5 savings, we do always have it in stock and it is kept at 77 degrees year round in our air conditioned, humidity controlled warehouse. We generally go through a drum every week so turnover likely wouldn't be a problem anyway but none the less we want to make sure the characteristics and clarity of the resin is always preserved. We're having some growing pains but I'm hiring and training people as fast as I can and after just a couple years of distributing materials I feel that we've forged some great relationships with our customers (despite sometimes being a pain in their butt). That was a long-winded way of saying I value the relationship between the customer and vendor so I would never deliberately destroy a relationship with another vendor like USC.

Top Bottom