identify sandpaper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

steamshovel

I need help to identify the maker of some sandpaper it is blue with the numbers 402 2 on the back, It is about 1/16" thick. I like it because it is thick and stiff. Maybe some one will recognize it. I will enclose a pic.

Preston

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

When you say it is thick, is that because it is velcro backed which makes it look thicker?? Blue sand paper usually indicates it is automotive paper.

jttheclockman

When you say it is thick, is that because it is velcro backed which makes it look thicker?? Blue sand paper usually indicates it is automotive paper.

Its not Velcro.

Preston

Well then my only guess is it is an automotive paper like I said because of the blue color. They use it for body work. Usually a name is on it it. That number is not ringing any bells. Good luck.

I put a link to your photo in here for you. from the photo it looks like a cloth emmery paper. Here is what I came up with. www.amazon.com/EZ-FLO-45205-Waterproof-Emery-Cloth/dp/B00838J94O

https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/uploads/monthly_2018_11/DSC04722.JPG.cf663a83e242876c28616d49aa5283b6.JPG

Last edited:

monophoto

OP asked who is the manufacturer of the paper, not what is is used for.

I have some fairly stiff cloth-backed 'paper' that is bluish that I know was made by Klingspor - came in one of their 'turner's special' bargain boxes.

jttheclockman

OP asked who is the manufacturer of the paper, not what is is used for.

I have some fairly stiff cloth-backed 'paper' that is bluish that I know was made by Klingspor - came in one of their 'turner's special' bargain boxes.

Well Louie I do not know the name and I believe we will never know the name unless the OP can find the name or an old piece that had the name. I gave my opinion as to what it is used for so that may lead in in the right direction as to where he might find it. I also took the time to find his photo and posted a link to the stuff he has in question. Maybe you can take a look at the photo and see if it matches to Klingspore sandpaper. I can list a bunch of sandpaper names and makers if he would like that and check their web sites. I believe it is an emery cloth paper used in the metal industry. :)

steamshovel

I am still trying to post a pic. I use the sandpaper in question on wood. I don't know what is was made for, but it sure works good on wood. I do appreciate everyone's help. I would be lost much more without it. I only have 1 piece left, it is 1 3/4" X 3".

Preston

There ya go Preston, hopefully someone can figure it out for you.

2_DSC04722.JPG

jttheclockman

I posted your link in my #8 posting to you and showed you an example of what it might be.

Evidently that link broke. It worked an hour ago. Anyway here is the link to the paper I think it is.

www.amazon.com/EZ-FLO-45205-Waterproof-Emery-Cloth/dp/B00838J94O

There is no way we are going to know for sure whose paper it is. There are many brands out there. There looks like some writing in light blue faintly showing. Maybe a name.

https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/forums/topic/23759-help-identfy-sandpaper/

Last edited:
Top Bottom