Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 32 24.1%

Votes: 43 32.3%

Votes: 17 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
It's time to vote for the design that will eventually adorn our much anticipated IAP Membership Cards. We have 11 designs to choose from. As you look through the selections keep a few things in mind. First, no membership information will appear on the front of the card. All membership information will appear on the back of the card. Some of the designs show membership information on the front. If one of those designs are chosen they will be altered in such a way as to maintain as much of the original design as possible while removing the membership information from the front. Second, I did the best I could with the images I received. Some were sent to me in formats different than I am able to easily work with. Therefore, spme of the images might be somewhat distorted or small complared to others.

The creator of the winning design receives absolutley nothing other than the warm and fuzzy feeling of knowing that people areound the globe are proudly carrying an IAP membership card bearing an image that they designed.

Discussion is encouraged. Try to plea the case as to why one design is superior to another. That's right, trash talk is encouraged however don't forget that this is all in fun. Don't be malicious in your comments. To make it more interesting I will not hide the vote count so you can cheer your favorite on or attempt to lift up the underdog.

Voting will remain open for 7 days.

#!
attachment.php

attachment.php

WITHDRAWN

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Member Card #1.png
    Member Card #1.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 968
  • membership card 2.png
    membership card 2.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 874
  • Membership Card 4.png
    Membership Card 4.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 953
  • Membership card 5.png
    Membership card 5.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 913
  • Membership#6b.jpg
    Membership#6b.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 985
  • Memberrship10.jpg
    Memberrship10.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,027
  • member card.JPG
    member card.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 934
  • Membership Card #8.jpg
    Membership Card #8.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 943
  • Membership9.jpg
    Membership9.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 888
Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

#7 is sitting proudly between #6 & #8. Per the isntructional video, The Thumbnails are suppose to go away once the thread is posted. All the others did, that one didn't.:confused: I am now past the time where I can edit the post so you''ll just have to live with it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
#7 is sitting proudly between #6 & #8. Per the isntructional video, The Thumbnails are suppose to go away once the thread is posted. All the others did, that one didn't.:confused: I am now past the time where I can edit the post so you''ll just have to live with it. :rolleyes:
I see where it says #7 but no pic. On bottom of thread there is 1 thumnail pic. I'll assume thats #7 and vote for it

leehljp

Member Liaison
The number 9 that is now showing was not there when I voted. But it would have been a toss up and I would still be deciding! :wink:

Last edited:

mbroberg

The number 9 that is now showing was not there when I voted. But it would have been a toss up and I would still be deciding! :wink:

Sorry about that. It's rare to have a poll put up on the IAP that doesn't start with glitches? At least for me anyway.

RangeRat

I didn't see #9 posted when I voted either. Definitely would have given it more consideration had it been there. I like and voted for #10, but I like that #9 has both ballpoint and fountain pen represented.

leehljp

Member Liaison
10 is nice and I like the date but it only shows fountain pen nibs, not a mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

That was my thoughts too.

I like the design overall but it does need to show both types of pens.

It might be overcrowding but if I like that a couple of others have "Penturners.org" for the web site. A card should have the web site on it, IMHO.

jttheclockman

I voted for #7 but would love to have seen the start up date on it. I think if # 10 had some rollerball pens or ballpoint pens would have made a difference because it reminds me too much of that other pen forum The Fountain Pen Network. :frown::frown:

mbroberg

Let me remind everyone that personalized member information such as Full name, IAP Name, Member number, Member since, etc will be printed on a vinyl label that will be adhered to the back of the card.

mbroberg

Also, minor changes, such as "Established 2004" can be added to the winning design if that is what the majority of the membership wants. All it would necessitate is another vote once the winning design is selected.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom