IAP Estate Blank Fundraiser - 9/16/2019

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Hello Mark, I received my MFRB of blanks today, and I am very disappointed. Disappointed that I didn't order the second box of them, that I had considered buying. The blanks I got are gorgeous, and there's many types of wood that I've never had before now. Some of them very common woods, but still woods that I've never owned for turning. I would purchase a second box now, but I hate the shipping rates. Shipping rates, almost doubles the price of these, and if a box gets selected for inspection by border security. Then shipping and duties, more than doubles the price of the blanks. There's much less chance of having the blanks inspected, if I were to order a SFRB. But then, I would miss out on the amount of blanks, which wouldn't be pleasing. But, there's nothing that can be done about these shipping rates and charges, other then whine about them. And that won't get me anywhere, so, I might as well stop complaining, and enjoy the gorgeous blanks I received. Thanks again, doing all of this for us has had to have been a lot of work, and I greatly appreciate you handling it. Take care.

Len

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hello Mark, I received my MFRB of blanks today, and I am very disappointed. Disappointed that I didn't order the second box of them, that I had considered buying. The blanks I got are gorgeous, and there's many types of wood that I've never had before now. Some of them very common woods, but still woods that I've never owned for turning. I would purchase a second box now, but I hate the shipping rates. Shipping rates, almost doubles the price of these, and if a box gets selected for inspection by border security. Then shipping and duties, more than doubles the price of the blanks. There's much less chance of having the blanks inspected, if I were to order a SFRB. But then, I would miss out on the amount of blanks, which wouldn't be pleasing. But, there's nothing that can be done about these shipping rates and charges, other then whine about them. And that won't get me anywhere, so, I might as well stop complaining, and enjoy the gorgeous blanks I received. Thanks again, doing all of this for us has had to have been a lot of work, and I greatly appreciate you handling it. Take care.

Len

I'm glad it got through customs fine. I try for these larger orders (60 blanks) to insure a fair share of unusual blanks, as well as the common blanks. And I do realize that what is common here may not be common "up north". This entire project of 5,000+ blanks has included many, many small lots of blanks that are common trees, but not seen for pen blanks (e.g. Mulberry, elm, locust, juniper, peach, plum, etc).

I look forward to seeing some pens with unusual blanks! Have fun.

PBorowick

I forgot to reply with the fact that my blanks got to me with no issues at all. There are some very interesting species in there and some I have no clue what they are but they all look great.
Thank you Mark for taking on this challenge.

Top Bottom