IAP Estate Blank Fundraiser - 9/16/2019

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This offer is still valid (9/27), BUT, I will be away from home from 9/29 - 10/9. So orders are still fine, but will not get mailed until 10/10-10/11.

This blank sale is a continuation of the: Estate Blank Fundraiser.

All profit goes directly to IAP.

As this was an Estate Sale purchase - IAP makes no guarantee that the blanks are labeled correctly

Respond within this thread if you want any boxes.
Payment (Blanks plus postage) is to be made to the IAP PayPal account. (donations@penturners.org).
PM me (Mark James) your name and mailing address.
I will confirm with Jeff that payment has been received.
I will then PM you back with confirmation of your order and USPS tracking.

I have about 2,000 blanks left, about half are not labeled, so IAP is not too concerned to get "market prices" for what we are not sure of. I will simply mix-and-match a nice variety of blanks for every box. If anyone is less than happy with what they receive, just PM me and I'll make it good - guaranteed!

SFRB: 16-22 blanks depending on size = $22.00 shipped (so about .75/blank)
MFRB: 60 blanks (these will include larger blanks than the SFRB as I have more room) = $60.00 shipped (also about .75/blank)

Non-USA sales will be priced and sent to you for consideration.

Attachments

• IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

Lucky2

Mark, if there is any MFRB's left, I would like to purchase one. Plus, I would need to have it shipped to Canada.My postal code is E3G-2A7, you'll need it to get the proper postage. Thanks.

Len

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark, if there is any MFRB's left, I would like to purchase one. Plus, I would need to have it shipped to Canada.My postal code is E3G-2A7, you'll need it to get the proper postage. Thanks.

Len

Hi Len. I only have about 1,600 blanks left... :eek: so I'll get a box of 60 nice ones and get it weighed for posting to the Canadian Tundra. I'll get back to you for the estimated postage for your consideration; but yes, there are ample blanks ava.

Cheers, Mark

tiggere

Thanks for doing this Mark...I know this must be a huge undertaking for you...I hope I can do them justice...

Lucky2

Mark, one question about these blanks, will they be labelled to identify what type of wood they are? And yes, thanks for looking after this fund raiser, it can be a lot of work and headaches. Hopefully, things will run smoothly for these blank sales. If a person wanted two boxes, are they allowed to request two? Or should the person wait for a bit, to give other members a chance to buy some?

Len

Last edited:

TonyL

Mark...I would like to buy one SFRB as a prize for the next bday bash or summer extravaganza. In fact, I will buy two; one prize for each event. Let me know if that works out well for you and I will send funds. You will just have to ship to the winners?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thanks for doing this Mark...I know this must be a huge undertaking for you...I hope I can do them justice...

It started in 2016 with between 5-6,000 blanks. It has been a very worthwhile project for IAP, so the effort was well worth it.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark, one question about these blanks, will they be labelled to identify what type of wood they are? And yes, thanks for looking after this fund raiser, it can be a lot of work and headaches. Hopefully, things will run smoothly for these blank sales. If a person wanted two boxes, are they allowed to request two? Or should the person wait for a bit, to give other members a chance to buy some?

Len

Len, much of these are not labeled. After I get a shipping price for you I'll double check if you still want it - no problem if you do not; I totally understand that getting a box of unlabeled blanks can be frustrating. I'd say of the last 2,000 blanks, 1,000 are unlabeled :(.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark...I would like to buy one SFRB as a prize for the next bday bash or summer extravaganza. In fact, I will buy two; one prize for each event. Let me know if that works out well for you and I will send funds. You will just have to ship to the winners?

That will be fine Tony. I will keep them here and after you get the addresses in the future you can PM me the particulars and I will mail them.

You can PayPal IAP the $44.00 whenever convenient.

robutacion

G'day Mark,

Just one question and or suggestion unless this has been done before without me realising it, I'm referring to the unlabeled blanks you have and I wonder if they are big bunches of the same or only a few of each species..? the idea was to get a couple of each of those unlabeled blanks for us to try to identify or at least provide some hints that may help someone to correctly identify them.
We often get asked to identify some woods and most times species get identified and put on the right track, not that you need me to give you some extra work but this was just a simple idea that may help identify at least some of the unknown woods you have there.

Cheers
George

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
G'day Mark,

Just one question and or suggestion unless this has been done before without me realising it, I'm referring to the unlabeled blanks you have and I wonder if they are big bunches of the same or only a few of each species..? the idea was to get a couple of each of those unlabeled blanks for us to try to identify or at least provide some hints that may help someone to correctly identify them.
We often get asked to identify some woods and most times species get identified and put on the right track, not that you need me to give you some extra work but this was just a simple idea that may help identify at least some of the unknown woods you have there.

Cheers
George

G'Day George,

When this project started there were over 100 different species. Some had over a hundred blanks, and many have less than 10. I guess there were 40-50 small lots that "looked" the same, but to take pictures, post them, witness the debate, and in the end really have doubts - I decided just to lleave them as I got them. (AND, while I do believe the vast majority of the labeled blanks are accurate - I have no way to be certain).

Here is how it all started:

Attachments

• IMG_3005.jpg
    IMG_3005.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 177

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I`ll take a MFRB please . My stock of unidentified blanks is getting low . Happy to give the money to IAP . Believe USPS could also use some .

Hi Wayne, I'll get back to you in a few hours with an estimate for shipping. I'm taking the first 5 boxes to the post office now - and I need to get more boxes before I can pack the rest.

Cheers, Mark

greenacres2

G'Day George,

When this project started there were over 100 different species. Some had over a hundred blanks, and many have less than 10. I guess there were 40-50 small lots that "looked" the same, but to take pictures, post them, witness the debate, and in the end really have doubts - I decided just to lleave them as I got them. (AND, while I do believe the vast majority of the labeled blanks are accurate - I have no way to be certain).

Here is how it all started:

Even having met your wife in person, i had no idea just how PATIENT she is with you!! I get by with a lot at home, but covering the living room floor has not been done!! ...yet!!
earl

Lucky2

Mark, your wife must be one very understanding and patient woman, especially, if she was home when you laid out all of those blanks. Hell, even if she wasn't home, and came home to see this mess of blanks, and allowed them to stay there for any amount of time.

Len

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Even having met your wife in person, i had no idea just how PATIENT she is with you!! I get by with a lot at home, but covering the living room floor has not been done!! ...yet!!
earl
Mark, your wife must be one very understanding and patient woman, especially, if she was home when you laid out all of those blanks. Hell, even if she wasn't home, and came home to see this mess of blanks, and allowed them to stay there for any amount of time.

Len

The picture was only 2/3 of the blanks! It took me 2 days to unpack them, I ran out of floor space, so it also took up a smaller second room. The blanks were laid out like this for about 2 weeks as I tried to get an estimate of value, and to get a handle on how to begin the fundraiser.

I just looked up the original summary sheet I sent to Jeff... There were 172 different species, in 31 boxes. About 700 were junk and I never reboxed them. The dates on some random invoices indicated that this turner was buying all this between 2003 and 2009. We do not believe he was active on IAP, but we did see some of his pens and they were very nice; nothing exceptional, but he was very competent.

My wife was just happy to see me out of the shop. She refers to me as "The Troll in the basement." đź‘ą

robutacion

Hi Mark,

Yeah, that idea of mine matches some of my best "brain farts" I had so sorry mate, you deserve better.

As for having blanks filling 2 room's floors for 2 months, that ain't a surprise to me, I don't know that many people that would be more than overwhelmed with such a blank load that you had to sort out by yourself, I think I may know what it has been for you.
If I had to spend the night in the dog'd house every time I do fill the kitchen with wood blanks to be dried on our big fan forced oven for days on end, I wouldn't have much use of the house bedroom but, I sleep in it every night so Mrs Valentine doesn't seem to mind, lucky me...!

Cheers
George

shimniok

Mark, I'd like one SFRB please. PM and payment inbound momentarily.

And thanks so much for doing this. I can't even imagine. Dealing with 1/100 that many objects to ship would kill me. [emoji3]

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
WOW! Time for a lemonade.

13 boxes mailed, 3 more paid - being held back for future donations, $780 for IAP, 764 blanks out of my garage đź‘Ť .

However, I never noticed the reproductive prowess of pen blanks... There's lots more. 1 blank leaves, 2 more appear :eek:.

I will be starting some more individual blank sales, but the offer above for the mixed boxes is still open. So if anyone want a SFRB or MFRB (most popular), that is fine.

Top Bottom