IAP auction FINALIZED -$150, thanks Redbulldog!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I know, but we all jump on the French at any opportunity-this guy seems too courteous to really be French.

And, I do wonder where Cav went???

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
REMEMBER, FOLKS

ANONYMOUS B IS NOT GOING TO RAISE HIS OWN BID!!!!!!!

WE NEED A LITTLE NEW BLOOD

WE'RE AT $107. how about a BID!!!

Down to just 26 and a half hours. BETTER HURRY!!!

Jerryconn

Originally posted by alparent
<br />Not that I want to bid (You guys are to rich for my blood).

But maybe Jeff could help on this?

I'm also on a marine fish site that use to have a special section for auctions.

I think it worked a bit like ebay (you set an end date, people bid) I think it was mostly self managing.

Don't know if I was dreaming this or not........but would this be a nice to have for our site.

If I'm not making any sens just ignore me.

Any rich texan out there going to offer this nice man 105$?
I've looked into auction software previously, but at the time were not doing many. I'll take another look... BTW, thanks to all for the great support!
I would hate to miss the play-by-play (or in this case bid-by-bid) [:D][;)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
26 hours and counting!!!!!!! Don't wait for the last minute, no one knows how high anonymous B might go!!!!!!

As someone said to me recently, I was going to donate to IAP anyhow, NOW, I get about $50 worth of blanks that I couldn't have found, myself------

Let's pump up ol' ANONY B!!!!

Next bid, please ($108 or better)!!!!!!!!!!

[:p][:p][:p]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, its 6:00 in Wisconsin and we all know Ed goes HOME at 5:00. So, in order to let you all ponder your position and prepare for the home stretch, I will bid for Anonymous B before I leave:

<center>
$111.11</center>

alparent

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Ed, look at his signature, those are not typos, they're "real" mistakes.[:0]

They are actual mistakes [:(]
Feel free to point them out. So I might perfect my english. [:)]

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />this guy seems too courteous to really be French.

Thanks!...........I'm french CANADIAN, that's why![:D]

Who is CAV ?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Alain,

Trust me, your English is much better than my German (MY second language).
"Cav" is wdcav1952, who is known far and wide for his affinity for correcting occasional misspellings. (This is an inside joke between Cav and I, he DOES correct others as well, but I became most aware of him, and we became friends, when he corrected my spelling of emperor some time ago-since then its an ongoing "needle".) BTW, HE was CORRECT!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Now, for the thrilling conclusion of our bidding!!!

Rules clarification:First, to clarify far in advance. I had stated that "Bids will be accepted until" 5:00 Eastern. To avoid any conflict this afternoon, Any bid timed at 5:00 will be accepted-timed at 5:01 will be TOO LATE!!!

I realize this is wishful thinking, but the auctioneer is hoping for a rush of bidding as 5:00 nears and wanted to make this CLEAR.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank-you, Eileen!!! $115 is certainly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

And, may I say it's great to see a new participant in our auction and one of our LADIES!!!!!!!! I'd love to let that bid WIN!!!

However, as the representative of Anony B, I'm afraid I am compelled to Raise to $118!!! (You remember him, the Phooey guy!)

(The crowd lets out a collective moan "OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh..Ahhhhhhhh&gt;&gt;&gt;OOOOOOOOOOO, in sympathy for Eileen)

<b>So, we have a new bid, $118, I have 118, can I find a $120 in the house?????</b>

(a quiet chant goes up, "Eileen, Eileen, Eileen.....") the crowd is clearly with her.) Anthony walks over to console her as she shows signs of a small tear.

Can she do it???? Will Anthony jump to her defense??? Is there another rich Texan in the room???? Or, is there another bidder lurking in the shadows, waiting to spring at the last moment???
Even the "Shadow" doesn't know!!!!!!

Only time will tell-Just six and a half hours to GO!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The auctioneer gets nervous as he sees enthusiastic support from a viewer whose signature bears a machine gun, so the he says in his best, sympathetic voice,

"I Have $118, do I hear $120???"

[:)][:)][:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Of course, most of you are bidding because the ENTIRE AMOUNT BID will go to the IAP. However, as a side benefit, you will also receive 2 of each of our recently imported pearl blanks (I was told they were for a European pen company, after turning a few, I believe it is correct!!)
Colors are light blue, grey, dark blue, dark red (shown) and royal blue-2 blanks of each. Additionally we are including 10 blanks of Dawn's pen-potion #9 in the pearl colors of your choice (colors limited to colors she pours-that's NOT very limited!!)

200671415122_Redpearlnet.jpg

What do you think you could get for 10 pens like THAT????? $500 is certainly attainable!!!

WE are at $118, looking for $120-Do I hear a $120??????

(Still nervous about that guy wielding the "chopper", but move on!!)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
$150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank-you, Red!!!!!!!
Notice it is even printed, appropriately, in RED.

Friends, all our anonymous bidders are, at least temporarily, out of the bidding. Red has surpassed my highest limit (not by much, BTW).

Til now, I didn't KNOW Red-way to make a SPLASH!!!

Do I hear $155???? Can I get a $155????

(ooops, Duck Red, that guy with the chopper is still around!!)

Eileen looks a little pale.

$155, I need $155!!!!!!!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
1229!! Did I see 1229?????

OOPs, that's the number of views, not a bid!!!

WAIT A MINUTE

If this thread has been SEEN 1229 times, 300 of them since I left here last night,

WHERE ARE THE BIDS?????????????

We are coming around the far turn, only 4 hours and 15 minutes to go!!!

If you Don't bid SOON, you will MISS this opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!

Just $155 (or higher) will make you the "Man (or woman) of the HOUR" (until someone else bids higher!!!!!!)

Both anonymous A and B are finished bidding, so unless there is a currently unknown Anonymous C, the bids are coming "From the floor", so GET UP AND BID, ALL OF YOU ON THE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
70 more views!!!

And my posting count continues to accelerate!!!

Down to the last TWO HOURS, folks!

For those of you on the West Coast, time to take off the ol' restraints and get in there and BID!!!

200671419743_baronrackdawns5net.jpg
<br />

This is representative of the 10 EXTRA blanks we have added to "sweeten the pot" when bidding got warmer. All except the "cat" blank are from Dawn's pen potion #9! Add ten pens like this to the ten from Europe and you got about a grand worth of pens, 20 pens @ $1000-math is not too difficult and I know they can be sold in this price range, cause I've DONE IT!!!! (not all in one day, tho')

So, Come on, Folks!!! $150 is a Generous donation to the IAP, but remember YOU will be getting a return, as you always do at the IAP!! ONLY YOU can determine what you can profit on 20 BEAUTIFUL pens, made from material that is all "one of a kind" (in your market!)

$150, I got $150, do I hear $160???????,, $160......., who will gimme $160??????

How's Eileen doing, have we revived her??? Anthony still gently supporting her head, fanning her with the ambient 115 degree air???

Where did Alaska go?????????

One Big red dog scares em all away???????

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tick,,,,,,,, tick,,,,,,,tick,,,,,

As that long, skinny hand progresses around the watch face, your profit potential goes sailing away.

Speaking of sailing, did you know that hourglasses (frequently made by woodturners, with the help of a good glass-blower) were originally developed as a means of telling time aboard ships. Then, a rope was added with knots at a set distance between them. As the ship progressed, the sandglass was used to keep a constant time interval, while the rope was allowed to fall in the water as the ship progressed. The number of knots that were counted in the prescribed set period of time indicated the relative speed of the vessel. This accounts for the origin of the term "knots" for sailing speed and the origin of the sandglass as a means of keeping time, when not on dry land.

No charge for this infomation, just one more thing you learned at the IAP.

And, if you sell hourglasses, you have a great (and accurate) story.

So, WHO'S gonna bid $160 and get this ball rolling to the 5:eek:o Deadline???

JimGo

Ed, I want to know who you got to take that last picture for you. It clearly wasn't one of yours! [:D] Pens are beauties! Had I not just done the group buy for the expensive kits, I'd be tempted to make a nice contribution to IAP, especially if I'd get these blanks as an added bonus!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Jim
(In my friendliest possible voice) "POOH ON YOU, I WAS MOTIVATED!!!!"

WHERE IS MY $160 BIDDER????

OK, I'LL TAKE $175, IF SOMEONE INSISTS!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Ed, I want to know who you got to take that last picture for you. It clearly wasn't one of yours! [:D] Pens are beauties! Had I not just done the group buy for the expensive kits, I'd be tempted to make a nice contribution to IAP, especially if I'd get these blanks as an added bonus!

That's a GREAT point, Jim!!!!

Where are all you guys that coughed up the big bucks to buy all those expensive kits?????????

JimGo saved you 25% by running the group buy. ONLY because of the donation of his time were you able to save that percentage!!!

SO, to keep saving these twenty five percentses in the future, you NEED to donate to YOUR IAP.

Only 20 minutes left!!!!!!!!!!

Going........., Goinnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg....

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I feel like Gerry Lewis in the 40th straight hour, but I am not smoking a ciggy.[8D]

Gooooooooooinnnnnnnnnggggggg............... 15 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Aha!!!!

I see my clock is a little ahead of the great clock in computer universe!!!!

Remember, your final bid MUST be time stamped no later than 5:00 on the IAP entry. 5:00-ok, 5:01-NOT ok.

Goooooinnnnngggggggggg,

Bid is at $150, with a dog winning (a very KIND red bull dog, whom we appreciate!)

IT's getting to final call time.....

GOING&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
ANONYMOUS BIDDER A JUST E-MAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE WISHES ME A NICE WEEKEND AND CONGRATULATES WHOMEVER WINS!!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
ONLY 5 minutes left............................

My e-mail alert went off again

Woodworkers source is having a sale-WHO CARES, right now

JUST A COUPLE MINUTES TO GO!!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
GONE

SOLD to REDBULLDOG for $150.

Please e-mail either Jeff (site administrator) or Ed4copies to arrange for payment and delivery.

THANK-YOU ALL for playing along with me all week, next week we will have another package, but the time will be shorter.

Everyone have a nice weekend!!!

emackrell

Thanks for all the good wishes. I am feeling much better now (not).

I HATE having to actually work while I am at work! I think I was struggling to stay awake in some desperately boring Pentagon meeting while the clock was ticking toward the final fateful moments of the auction. Some days there just ain't no justice.

Oh well, wait till next time....[:D]

cheers Eileen

redbulldog

Eileen: Sorry you could not continue with the bidding, I was looking forward to bidding against you. I was busy today so I made my bid early, then left got back home just before the final time. I would never let you know that a retired Chief beat out a Naval Officer, Good luck in your career!!
Red

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Phew,

Looks like we narrowly averted a HUGE naval battle, right here on the IAP.

Again, Thanks to both "big buck bidders!!!"

Sorry these auctions will end during work hours-but I have chosen NOT to have internet at home, cause I wasted too much time. Would it be better if they ended mid-day, instead of 5:00???

emackrell

Ed, no worries from my point of view, run them whenever it works best and I'll catch up when I can. As a pogue O-6 in the five sided puzzle palace I have no control over my schedule anyway so am just as likely to be stuck in meetings during the middle of the day. Maybe I can figure out how to take part by Blackberry!

cheers Eileen [8D]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by emackrell
<br />.... As a pogue O-6 in the five sided puzzle palace I have no control over my schedule anyway .......

You mention O-6, If I remember my ranks (I was army BTW) that would make you a Captain?

Ed,

12:30 (EST) would be the ideal time for me to see the auctions end. Too bad I didn't get a chance to bid on there they looked like nice blanks. [:0]

emackrell

Yep, a Captain. Out in the fleet you may be Somebody, but here in "The Building" Captains and Colonels mostly go to meetings that their bosses can't be bothered with. [8D]

cheers Eileen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom