IAP auction FINALIZED -$150, thanks Redbulldog!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
They say payback is he___, Not always!!

In an effort to payback a little of the generosity Jeff shows us everyday, I will be doing several auctions of the new blanks for the IAP benefit.

So, our first one can start now, with the pearls. This will be the ONLY time THIS package will be offered. We will auction a package of 10 blanks, two of each color: blue, red, grey, light blue and white.

Bids will be accepted until Friday, July 14 at 5:00 Eastern. Time stamp on entry will determine when it is 5 pm.

ALL proceeds will go to the IAP (Jeff). I will pay freight in the USA and if an international bidder wants in, we will work out an equitable arrangement if (s)he wins!!!

So, open your wallets and support the IAP and receive 10 blanks that you can't get anywhere else!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks, Jim!!

Knew I could count on you and a couple other of my more competitive friends. Anthony is probably on the golf course.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks, Lance!!

Remember, everyone, you are really making a donation to the site!!! And, you get 10 blanks (plus a couple unknown bonuses) for your trouble.

As the auctioneer would say, I hear $45, 45, 45, do I hear $50, you, in the back of the room, hiding behind your program, gimme $50?????[:D][:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
So he tried to swat a fly with his program-THAT COUNTS!~!!!

We got $50, look at these beautiful, European babies lying there waiting for your soft cares___

Maybe, better not go there!

$50, 50, do I hear 55???? Retirement age in Italy and France, yes 55, comon 55????

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
LOOKOUT FOLKS!!!!

He's makin the turn for the back nine and checkin the website!!!

Get that man 'nother beer! (What's a good Italian beer???)

$55, now the bar (if you'll excuse the term) is gettin up there!!

Where will I find $60, remember it's for us children!!!! (It's always more important when its for the children!!!)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK you foreigners!! (Not meant as derogatory, at all!!) If you will pay the shipping, I will match your shipping fee and add it to the donation to the site.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL PARTICIPATING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think of what it would cost you to waste as many blanks as I have in ten years, because this site was NOT here!!!!!!

What price do we put on this knowledge AND we get GREAT blanks thrown in!!!!!

Next bid is Just $65!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
"$Sixty..seven and sixty.....three???? cents", the auctioneer repeated, INCREDIBLY!

Well, sure folks, we're in Wisconsin, that's his waist and his wife's!!!!!!!!!

Thank-you sir!!!

Can I get 69.69????? [:p][:p] (Won't say why that might be significant!) OR, better yet, $70??????[:D][:D][:D][:D]

cozee

I haven't even turned an actual pen as of yet but have gleaned so much information that I am itching to do so. Gotta take a little time away from other interests. Anyway , $75!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, the auctioneer is back "in the house". This is Wednesday, midweek, let's see if we can't get this up a bit!!!

First, Greg, THANK-YOU for your bid!!!

But, comeon folks, Greg HAS NOT EVEN TURNED A PEN YET. Y'ALL GONNA MAKE THIS POOR GUY LEARN ON ITALIAN RESINS???????????????????????????????????????

Somebody please get him "off the hook". At this level, let's try $77.50, do I hear $77.50 from somebody who's always wanted to try this stuff and never knew how to get it????

To "sweeten the pot", I will add in 10 of Dawn's "pen potion #9", in the colors of your choice. This is polyresin that really turns nicely-she offers some very sophisticated colors (burgundy, several purples, nice olive green pearl and many others) and some "fun" colors - yellow, gold. I'm sure we can find an assortment you will like!!!!

$77, do I hear $77?????????[:D][:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
DAVID< MY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (oh, how quaint)

Donating part of his income tax credit (that's right Americans, we give a tax CREDIT-thousands of dollars a year, per person, to people willing to really freeze their butts and live in Alaska). But that's not DAVID's FAULT!!!!!!! (His senator Stevens is not one of my favorites, as you may have guessed!!!)

This time of the year, David has a heck of a time going to bed, nearly always light in his neck of the woods (hope I'm right, David!!)

However, with a name like fuzzydog it just makes you want to pick him up to keep warm (then you find out it meant St. Bernard!!!![:0][:0][:0] Picking up is NOT in the cards!!!!)

'Nuff pickin on David!!! Kidding aside, THANKS!!!!!!!!!

80, I've got 80, remember everyone we sweetened the pot today-the very exclusive realm of pen potion #9 is added AND, your bid is still REALLY a donation to the IAP, CAn I get $83?????? Do I hear $83>>>>>>>>>> How about you, sir. Yes, the one whose wife is holding both his arms behind his back, THAT's the ONE!!!!!!!!!

$83?????

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Emerging from backstage, comes an unidentified person who whispers to the auctioneer. Let's listen in:

"Hi, I'm a "Friend of the IAP", but a bunch of people here know me and I'm not looking for thanks or praise, can you enter a bid for me, without making my identity known??" [:0][:0][:0][:0]

Of course, our auctioneer is a savvy sucker, so he says, "Man, YOU GOT IT!@!!! and THANKS!!!" [:p][:p][:p][:p]

We now have $85.......... and that MAY not be the limit for which I am authorized-but I can't share more than that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I hear $88?????

That guy's wife must have a heck of a grip!!!!!!!!! Free that hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Do you always talk this much [:D]

$ 90.[8D][8D]

Only when I'm auctioneering or calling BINGO. (They don't like me to do conservative crowds, based on some of my more "clever" comments)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK!!! Anthony has emerged from the golf course!!!

AND, he puts in a bid!!!!

Look folks, its only 103 in Anthony's office right now, if we continue to work on him, before it gets HOT, he's got more bids in him!!!

Who's gonna up the ante just a little-since its Anthony, lets try for $91.

$91, [}:)][}:)] come on 91, just a LITTLE push, do I hear $91 ???!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, If I have to DRAG the bids outta' ya'all, so be it.

Listen, if you all let Anthony win, next week he will post pictures like this at least 20 times!!!!!!!!

2006712212352_anthony.jpg
<br />

This is a pen from Anthony's album, made from ordinary homebrew. If the man can make this ORDINARY PR look this good, think how bad you will all feel when he posts the MASTERPIECES he will make from the Italian PEARLS. THEN, you will all know how much the material is worth when expertly converted to WORKS OF ART. YOU could do the same thing (nearly as well!!)

Just jump in with a bid to save us all from drooling over Anthony's excellent examples next week!!

PenWorks

Boy Ed, that was a nice one [:)]
I knew I should have wrote some of those recipies down.
the hard drive between the eyes seems to have crashed and can't remember
some of those good mixes. [:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I thought it was INSPIRED, Anthony, But, still no opposing bids, so it couldn't have been TOO inspired!!!

Thanks for your bid, we will see what the evening and morning bring-goin' home time in Wisconsin.

Hope your temp stays below 110!!!!! Of course, fuzzydog is probably basking in 50 degrees.

Where did you go, FUZZY?????

Ron Mc

Gosh darn!! Anthony if you win can I plead for a blank.[:eek:)] I'll tell you what if my "Pen Funds" looked a little better at the moment I'd grab these! When does this end....Friday....It's time for some fast marketing!
Good luck everyone![:D][;)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
GOOD MORNING, IAP!!!!!!!!! Thursday, only 30 hours and a few minutes to go!!!!!!!!!

So, today I, representing our "friend of IAP" will be attempting to keep this interesting!!!

BTW, Dawn thought that I was bidding and that no "friend of IAP" existed, so let me clarify that, yesterday, I received an e-mail from a real person who frequents the forum who wants to remain anonymous but said person gave me a limit to which I have been asked to bid on their behalf. So, in that spirit, our anonymous donor

<b>UPS THE ANTE TO $92.50 AND agrees not to POST more than 15 pens made from this material!!!! (Trust me, this person also makes a fantastic pen!!!)</b>

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, a new problem!!!!

Anonymous bidder B has now given me a bid-Folks this generous person has bid a full ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!! So, having checked with my auction advisor (Dawn lives on e-bay), I am told I need to announce that Anonymous bidder A will surpass that bid, and bid $101!

So, this will tell both of the anonymouses where they stand and it still leaves the bidding open to all who might want to compete!!!

The IAP has a lot of friends and all I can say after this experience is THANK-YOU to all of you and I WILL be doing this again, soon!!!

(Different material tho', so if you want this package, keep bidding!!)

<b>$101 is my bid, $101, do I hear $102 or 3 or 4.............</b>

alparent

Not that I want to bid (You guys are to rich for my blood).

But maybe Jeff could help on this?

I'm also on a marine fish site that use to have a special section for auctions.

I think it worked a bit like ebay (you set an end date, people bid) I think it was mostly self managing.

Don't know if I was dreaming this or not........but would this be a nice to have for our site.

If I'm not making any sens just ignore me.

Any rich texan out there going to offer this nice man 105$?

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've looked into auction software previously, but at the time were not doing many. I'll take another look... BTW, thanks to all for the great support!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
HHHHMMmmmmm! I think Alain is agreeing with Anthony that I talk too much!!!!

Since we seem to have bidders who prefer to remain anonymous, I would think we should stick to a system that appears to be working WELL!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Now, back to the thrilling continuation of our auction.

Anonymous B just sent another limit, so I need to make Anonymous A's (at least temporarily) final bid.

ANONYMOUS A BIDS $106!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alparent

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />HHHHMMmmmmm! I think Alain is agreeing with Anthony that I talk too much!!!!

On the contrary, I like the play by play you are providing.
It's like looking at Barret & Jackson car auctions.
Even if I can't afford to play, I can enjoy other going at it.

Come on this man needs 110$

If somebody bids 110$, I promise never to post any pictures of me turning pens in my underware. (Belive me.........it's worth it.)[:p]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
THANK-YOU ANONYMOUS A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous B Will call you and raise you $1

ANONYMOUS B (in a new e-mail to me, authorizing me to a new limit) is bidding $107

So, I have $107, and, as you can see, I am willing to go in tiny steps, so ALL YOU need to bid is $108!!!!!! DO I hear $108????

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Alain,

I do hope I did not p____off David in Alaska. I hope everyone understands this is an effort to "egg-on" bidders, and it works much better in a closed room, where they can see you are smiling and this is just "banter".

I know Anthony realizes what's going on, so I figgur he's not po'ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom