Humidity and Gluboost

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

montmill

Today my shop is at 51% humidity and I noticed a difference in how the Gluboost was to apply. First since the shop was also warm it flowed much easier so I had to be careful to not apply too much. It seemed to take longer to dry so I waited longer between coats. What is the best temperature and humidity to apply Gluboost?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

Being from Chicago I don't have an issues with humidity. That said let's see what we can do to help you out.

When you say it takes less I always suggest light coats. What is your technique? Blue first then orange? How many coats. I assume you are using GluDry between coats. And just a light spritz?

Help me with your technique and we can see how to get you getting the perfect finish.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In my experimentation, any humidity under 70%, with temp about 60 degrees has not been a problem.
I had one day that was much warmer and 75%--I did not use accelerator and waited longer between coats,
it worked but it was no where near as fast as it usually is!!

montmill

Thanks, as I was working with it I noticed a difference in viscosity and drying time compared to winter time in my heated, dry shop, so I wondered what the parameters were when using Gluboost. I was happy with the finish. Thanks for the information, my shop can exceed Jr. George Antique Finish Mystery Wood.jpg the 50 % humidity if I don't have the air on.

Top Bottom